Fast SSS preview

General questions about Indigo, the scene format, rendering etc...
User avatar
OnoSendai
Developer
Posts: 6244
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:16 pm
Location: Wellington, NZ
Contact:

Fast SSS preview

Post by OnoSendai » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:27 am

Something we have been working on recently - a fast SSS material.

If you look carefully you will notice something else as well :)
Attachments
fast_sss_ui_preview.PNG

User avatar
bubs
2nd Place Winner
Posts: 620
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:46 pm
Location: UK

Re: Fast SSS preview

Post by bubs » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:35 am

Is that a 4.0.0 Easter bunny?

davide445
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:41 pm

Re: Fast SSS preview

Post by davide445 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:36 am

OnoSendai wrote:.....

If you look carefully you will notice something else as well :)
V4.0, about 0.95Mil s/sec? :)

User avatar
Oscar J
1st Place Winner
Posts: 2204
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:47 am
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
3D Software: Blender

Re: Fast SSS preview

Post by Oscar J » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:38 am

Cool! I'm guessing you're talking about the little preview window there. I would hope that is REALLY optimized so that it doesn't draw any significant rendering power. Or maybe it has a very low spp limit (by the looks of it)?

User avatar
OnoSendai
Developer
Posts: 6244
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:16 pm
Location: Wellington, NZ
Contact:

Re: Fast SSS preview

Post by OnoSendai » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:38 am

davide445 wrote:
OnoSendai wrote:.....

If you look carefully you will notice something else as well :)
V4.0, about 0.95Mil s/sec? :)
No not that. That's plain old CPU rendering btw.

User avatar
Oscar J
1st Place Winner
Posts: 2204
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:47 am
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
3D Software: Blender

Re: Fast SSS preview

Post by Oscar J » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:39 am

nevermind

User avatar
OnoSendai
Developer
Posts: 6244
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:16 pm
Location: Wellington, NZ
Contact:

Re: Fast SSS preview

Post by OnoSendai » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:40 am

Oscar J wrote:Cool! I'm guessing you're talking about the little preview window there. I would hope that is REALLY optimized so that it doesn't draw any significant rendering power. Or maybe it has a very low spp limit (by the looks of it)?
Yup, that's what I was talking about. You can set the size and spp limit on a context menu:
Attachments
mat_preview.png

User avatar
Oscar J
1st Place Winner
Posts: 2204
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:47 am
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
3D Software: Blender

Re: Fast SSS preview

Post by Oscar J » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:44 am

OnoSendai wrote:
Oscar J wrote:Cool! I'm guessing you're talking about the little preview window there. I would hope that is REALLY optimized so that it doesn't draw any significant rendering power. Or maybe it has a very low spp limit (by the looks of it)?
Yup, that's what I was talking about. You can set the size and spp limit on a context menu:
Haha, brilliant. That's much more thought through than I thought.

User avatar
Oscar J
1st Place Winner
Posts: 2204
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:47 am
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
3D Software: Blender

Re: Fast SSS preview

Post by Oscar J » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:50 am

Words cannot explain how pumped I am for this release, by the way.

User avatar
bubs
2nd Place Winner
Posts: 620
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:46 pm
Location: UK

Re: Fast SSS preview

Post by bubs » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:55 am

Oscar J wrote:Words cannot explain how pumped I am for this release, by the way.
+1 :mrgreen: now if only I had a friendly lifetime license :wink:

User avatar
Oscar J
1st Place Winner
Posts: 2204
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:47 am
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
3D Software: Blender

Re: Fast SSS preview

Post by Oscar J » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:02 am

bubs wrote:
Oscar J wrote:Words cannot explain how pumped I am for this release, by the way.
+1 :mrgreen: now if only I had a friendly lifetime license :wink:
Oh right, you only came second in the last contest... you have my deepest sympathy.

:mrgreen:

Surely the upgrade price shouldn't be all that much?

User avatar
Zom-B
1st Place 100
Posts: 4701
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:18 pm
Location: ´'`\_(ò_Ó)_/´'`
Contact:

Re: Fast SSS preview

Post by Zom-B » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:00 pm

Fast SSS sounds really nice!
Can you tell a little bit about the magic behind it, what is the drawback?
polygonmanufaktur.de

User avatar
zeitmeister
2nd Place 100
Posts: 2010
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:11 am
Location: Limburg/Lahn, Germany
Contact:

Re: Fast SSS preview

Post by zeitmeister » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:17 pm

Looks fantastic!!


Cheers, zeiti
Cheers, David



DAVIDGUDELIUS // 3D.PORTFOLIO
·
Indigo 4.4.15 | Indigo for C4D 4.4.13.1 | C4D R23 | Mac OS X 10.13.6 | Windows 10 Professional x64

User avatar
fused
Developer
Posts: 3648
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:19 am
Location: Berlin, Germany
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Re: Fast SSS preview

Post by fused » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:30 pm

Oscar J wrote:
OnoSendai wrote:
Oscar J wrote:Cool! I'm guessing you're talking about the little preview window there. I would hope that is REALLY optimized so that it doesn't draw any significant rendering power. Or maybe it has a very low spp limit (by the looks of it)?
Yup, that's what I was talking about. You can set the size and spp limit on a context menu:
Haha, brilliant. That's much more thought through than I thought.
We're also adding a couple more preview scenes.
Attachments
different_preview_scenes.png

User avatar
bubs
2nd Place Winner
Posts: 620
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:46 pm
Location: UK

Re: Fast SSS preview

Post by bubs » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:35 pm

1m and 10m preview scenes!!! :o ... :D ... :cry: (tears of joy run down my face) :mrgreen:

Post Reply
24 posts