If you look carefully you will notice something else as well
Fast SSS preview
Fast SSS preview
Something we have been working on recently - a fast SSS material.
If you look carefully you will notice something else as well
If you look carefully you will notice something else as well
Re: Fast SSS preview
Is that a 4.0.0 Easter bunny?
Re: Fast SSS preview
V4.0, about 0.95Mil s/sec?OnoSendai wrote:.....
If you look carefully you will notice something else as well
- Oscar J

- Posts: 2204
- Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:47 am
- Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
- 3D Software: Blender
Re: Fast SSS preview
Cool! I'm guessing you're talking about the little preview window there. I would hope that is REALLY optimized so that it doesn't draw any significant rendering power. Or maybe it has a very low spp limit (by the looks of it)?
Re: Fast SSS preview
No not that. That's plain old CPU rendering btw.davide445 wrote:V4.0, about 0.95Mil s/sec?OnoSendai wrote:.....
If you look carefully you will notice something else as well
- Oscar J

- Posts: 2204
- Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:47 am
- Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
- 3D Software: Blender
Re: Fast SSS preview
nevermind
Re: Fast SSS preview
Yup, that's what I was talking about. You can set the size and spp limit on a context menu:Oscar J wrote:Cool! I'm guessing you're talking about the little preview window there. I would hope that is REALLY optimized so that it doesn't draw any significant rendering power. Or maybe it has a very low spp limit (by the looks of it)?
- Oscar J

- Posts: 2204
- Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:47 am
- Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
- 3D Software: Blender
Re: Fast SSS preview
Haha, brilliant. That's much more thought through than I thought.OnoSendai wrote:Yup, that's what I was talking about. You can set the size and spp limit on a context menu:Oscar J wrote:Cool! I'm guessing you're talking about the little preview window there. I would hope that is REALLY optimized so that it doesn't draw any significant rendering power. Or maybe it has a very low spp limit (by the looks of it)?
- Oscar J

- Posts: 2204
- Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:47 am
- Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
- 3D Software: Blender
Re: Fast SSS preview
Words cannot explain how pumped I am for this release, by the way.
Re: Fast SSS preview
+1Oscar J wrote:Words cannot explain how pumped I am for this release, by the way.
- Oscar J

- Posts: 2204
- Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:47 am
- Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
- 3D Software: Blender
Re: Fast SSS preview
Oh right, you only came second in the last contest... you have my deepest sympathy.bubs wrote:+1Oscar J wrote:Words cannot explain how pumped I am for this release, by the way.now if only I had a friendly lifetime license
Surely the upgrade price shouldn't be all that much?
Re: Fast SSS preview
Fast SSS sounds really nice!
Can you tell a little bit about the magic behind it, what is the drawback?
Can you tell a little bit about the magic behind it, what is the drawback?
polygonmanufaktur.de
- zeitmeister

- Posts: 2010
- Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:11 am
- Location: Limburg/Lahn, Germany
- Contact:
Re: Fast SSS preview
Looks fantastic!!
Cheers, zeiti
Cheers, zeiti
Cheers, David
DAVIDGUDELIUS // 3D.PORTFOLIO
·
Indigo 4.4.15 | Indigo for C4D 4.4.13.1 | C4D R23 | Mac OS X 10.13.6 | Windows 10 Professional x64
DAVIDGUDELIUS // 3D.PORTFOLIO
·
Indigo 4.4.15 | Indigo for C4D 4.4.13.1 | C4D R23 | Mac OS X 10.13.6 | Windows 10 Professional x64
Re: Fast SSS preview
We're also adding a couple more preview scenes.Oscar J wrote:Haha, brilliant. That's much more thought through than I thought.OnoSendai wrote:Yup, that's what I was talking about. You can set the size and spp limit on a context menu:Oscar J wrote:Cool! I'm guessing you're talking about the little preview window there. I would hope that is REALLY optimized so that it doesn't draw any significant rendering power. Or maybe it has a very low spp limit (by the looks of it)?
Re: Fast SSS preview
1m and 10m preview scenes!!!
...
...
(tears of joy run down my face) 


