Indigo 2.2.8

General News and accouncements regarding the Indigo render engine
StompinTom
Indigo 100
Posts: 1828
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:33 pm

Re: Indigo 2.2.8

Post by StompinTom » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:24 am

Where's the 1000% speed increase?!?! :D

User avatar
zeitmeister
2nd Place 100
Posts: 2010
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:11 am
Location: Limburg/Lahn, Germany
Contact:

Re: Indigo 2.2.8

Post by zeitmeister » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:58 am

Some more issues about the mac version:

- Once the render settings panel is disattached, it's not possible to reattach it to the main window... or I don't know how.
- Indigo won't hide; all options are at the top under "Indigo" are grey/disabled... maybe this has something to do with the above point?
- As I already mentioned, after a while of rendering, it's not possible to enter values manually to all input fields.
- Another issue, maybe caused by the last Cindigo-build: Background materials are being mirrored head-over-feet.

Besides that, great job!

User avatar
dougal2
Developer
Posts: 2532
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:17 am
Location: South London

Re: Indigo 2.2.8

Post by dougal2 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:24 am

Nick, Ben,

Can we get 32 and 64 bit Linux builds please ?

User avatar
OnoSendai
Developer
Posts: 6244
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:16 pm
Location: Wellington, NZ
Contact:

Re: Indigo 2.2.8

Post by OnoSendai » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:50 am

zeitmeister wrote:Some more issues about the mac version:

- Once the render settings panel is disattached, it's not possible to reattach it to the main window... or I don't know how.
You just drag it over the target area and release it, or double click the title bar on the floating window.
However, I've added a 'Reset Layout' command to the upcoming 2.2.9 that will do this.

User avatar
OnoSendai
Developer
Posts: 6244
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:16 pm
Location: Wellington, NZ
Contact:

Re: Indigo 2.2.8

Post by OnoSendai » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:55 pm

Jambert wrote:Thx Ono, but little request

Would be nice indigo doesn't close automaticaly when finished rendering. It's getting tired to see indigo open in first plane 50 times a day when I work with another software ;)

edit: supersample valure is nice, could it be possible to see an estimate of render ram consumption before to start rendering?
I'm not sure what you're asking. Do you want Indigo to close automatically when you press 'Stop'?

An estimate of RAM consumption would be a good idea, I guess.

User avatar
OnoSendai
Developer
Posts: 6244
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:16 pm
Location: Wellington, NZ
Contact:

Re: Indigo 2.2.8

Post by OnoSendai » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:56 pm

Pibuz wrote:Could the "original resolution" string be added to the info overlay?
Does it sound silly?
What do you mean by original resolution?

User avatar
OnoSendai
Developer
Posts: 6244
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:16 pm
Location: Wellington, NZ
Contact:

Re: Indigo 2.2.8

Post by OnoSendai » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:59 pm

Musorgki wrote:Thank you very much!

Some things I noticed...

I really like that the Options dialog remembers its previous state.
Sadly, however, it doesn't read the tags (from the ini or igs) if they are present.
(I tried these: info_overlay, watermark, frame_upload_period and save_igi)

When rendering is paused, the render log continues to update
(with no changes) and the image continues to tonemap & save.
However, this takes almost no cpu.

feature requests:
A new section in the inifile.xml file:
<ui_settings>
<thread_priority>normal</thread_priority> <!-- normal or below_normal -->
<confirm_quit_render_on_exit>yes<confirm_quit_render_on_exit> <!-- yes or no -->
</ui_settings>

Hopefully there is a more concise way to say "confirm_quit_render_on_exit",
but something that would let you stop rendering & close indigo in one click.
Naturally, these would default to current behavior.

Finally, it seems that when using an obj file as an external mesh,
the fo keyword (one-sided face) is not supported. Perhaps this was
by design, but if not, any chance of interpreting 'fo' a standard
two-sided face?

But its just details... keep doing what you're doing!
Hi Musorgki,
thread priority can be set by the command line option --thread_priority [belownormal | normal].

I'm guessing you want the option 'confirm_quit_render_on_exit' for material preview renders?

User avatar
pixie
Indigo 100
Posts: 2346
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:54 am
Location: Away from paradise
3D Software: Cinema 4D
Contact:

Re: Indigo 2.2.8

Post by pixie » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:34 pm

OnoSendai wrote:I'm guessing you want the option 'confirm_quit_render_on_exit' for material preview renders?
I for once would like this option on both. I actually never had a problem with Indigo 1.1.18 way of doing things, just close it and be gone. Having IGI saved pretty much guarantees that even if an error happens can be reversed.

User avatar
OnoSendai
Developer
Posts: 6244
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:16 pm
Location: Wellington, NZ
Contact:

Re: Indigo 2.2.8

Post by OnoSendai » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:49 pm

Well, I guess I will add it as an option to the GUI, that can be overridden on the command line.

User avatar
OnoSendai
Developer
Posts: 6244
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:16 pm
Location: Wellington, NZ
Contact:

Re: Indigo 2.2.8

Post by OnoSendai » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:36 pm

Whaat wrote:It looks like you have the default image save period set to 20 seconds. This is WAY too short. I suggest a minimum of 60 seconds (I prefer 120 or even longer)
Changed default to 120.

User avatar
OnoSendai
Developer
Posts: 6244
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:16 pm
Location: Wellington, NZ
Contact:

Re: Indigo 2.2.8

Post by OnoSendai » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:37 pm

Whaat wrote:I think the rendering options are nice but they should be overwritten by the IGS file.
Ok, they can now be overwritten by the inifile and scene file.

User avatar
Whaat
Developer
Posts: 1827
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:15 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Indigo 2.2.8

Post by Whaat » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:52 pm

Thanks ono! :)

User avatar
Pibuz
1st Place 100
Posts: 2646
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:58 am
Location: Padua, Italy
3D Software: SketchUp

Re: Indigo 2.2.8

Post by Pibuz » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:30 pm

OnoSendai wrote:
Pibuz wrote:Could the "original resolution" string be added to the info overlay?
Does it sound silly?
What do you mean by original resolution?
I mean the resolution the render is running, eg. "2552x1708"

User avatar
Jambert
Indigo 100
Posts: 545
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: France, Lyon

Re: Indigo 2.2.8

Post by Jambert » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:28 pm

OnoSendai wrote:I'm not sure what you're asking. Do you want Indigo to close automatically when you press 'Stop'?
No, sorry for my english. I mean that when I run animation rendering, indigo open/close for each frame, it's a bit "boring". When you're working in the same time with another soft, indigo open in front plane for each frame.

User avatar
pixie
Indigo 100
Posts: 2346
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:54 am
Location: Away from paradise
3D Software: Cinema 4D
Contact:

Re: Indigo 2.2.8

Post by pixie » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:58 pm

Jambert wrote:
OnoSendai wrote:I'm not sure what you're asking. Do you want Indigo to close automatically when you press 'Stop'?
No, sorry for my english. I mean that when I run animation rendering, indigo open/close for each frame, it's a bit "boring". When you're working in the same time with another soft, indigo open in front plane for each frame.
How would you render animations then? Babysit indigo all day? :P

Post Reply
52 posts