Hello *,
actually I try to automate some indigo activities. First let me give a short overview, what I want to do:
- I use sketchup with skindigo
- I create a lot of scenes in sketchup of my model
- Each scene should become a separate rendered image
- So I export in Sketchup a "Scene Tab Animation" and an IGQ File is created
- The IGQ file defines, where the IGS files are located and defines further settings
- After this I can load the IGQ file in Indigo Renderer
- But I have the problem, that I have to save each rendered Image manually via "save as"
Therefore I have the following questions:
- Is there a possibility to define the "target" file Name (including storing path) of each rendered image?
- Which tag must be used for this requirement in the IGQ XML file?
- Is there a Reference Guide, which other tags can be used in the IGQ XML file?
- Is there a possibility to define the Names of the IGS files?
- I would like to use the following syntax for my IGS files: "SKETCHUP-FILE-NAME"_"SKETCHUP-SCENE-NAME"
I hope my explanation of my problem can be understood.
Many thanks for your feedback
Automation
Possibility to define "save as" filenames in render queue?
-
Automation
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:37 am
Re: Possibility to define "save as" filenames in render queu
Code: Select all
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no" ?>
<render_queue>
<item>
<scene_path>C:\Users\XXX.igs</scene_path>
<output_path>C:\Users\XXX</output_path>
</item>
</render_queue>
C4D R20 Studio
mad-imagery.com
mad-imagery.com
Re: Possibility to define "save as" filenames in render queu
Hi Automation,
We will update the technical reference to have a full description of all the render queue XML tags soon.
We will update the technical reference to have a full description of all the render queue XML tags soon.
Re: Possibility to define "save as" filenames in render queu
Hi AutomationAutomation wrote:Hello *,
actually I try to automate some indigo activities. First let me give a short overview, what I want to do:
- I use sketchup with skindigo
- I create a lot of scenes in sketchup of my model
- Each scene should become a separate rendered image
- So I export in Sketchup a "Scene Tab Animation" and an IGQ File is created
- The IGQ file defines, where the IGS files are located and defines further settings
- After this I can load the IGQ file in Indigo Renderer
- But I have the problem, that I have to save each rendered Image manually via "save as"
Therefore I have the following questions:
- Is there a possibility to define the "target" file Name (including storing path) of each rendered image?
- Which tag must be used for this requirement in the IGQ XML file?
- Is there a Reference Guide, which other tags can be used in the IGQ XML file?
- Is there a possibility to define the Names of the IGS files?
- I would like to use the following syntax for my IGS files: "SKETCHUP-FILE-NAME"_"SKETCHUP-SCENE-NAME"
I hope my explanation of my problem can be understood.
Many thanks for your feedback
Automation
you can define the output path in an IGQ file like this:
Code: Select all
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<render_queue>
<item>
<output_path>test_out1_relative</output_path>
<scene_path>diffuse_transmitter_test.igs</scene_path>
<halt_time>10</halt_time>
</item>
<item>
<output_path>C:/Users/Admin/test_out2_absolute</output_path>
<scene_path>phong_test.igs</scene_path>
<halt_time>10</halt_time>
</item>
</render_queue>
There is the "Indigo Technical Reference.pdf" in the Indigo installation directory, but I am not sure right now if it contains infos abou the IGQ format. I will add it for the next release if it is missing.
How do you mean the name? The file names that are used when the igs files are written out by Sketchup?- Is there a possibility to define the Names of the IGS files?
- I would like to use the following syntax for my IGS files: "SKETCHUP-FILE-NAME"_"SKETCHUP-SCENE-NAME"
I can't answer that question, but I am sure someone will
-
Automation
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:37 am
Re: Possibility to define "save as" filenames in render queu
Many thanks for your fast response!!!
Following an example concerning the IGS File-Name issue.
My sketchup file has the name "test.skp"
The existing Sketchup scenes are "scene1", "scene2", "scene3"
If I start the Indigo "Scene Tab Animation" and use a "Frame Rate" 1, an "test.igq" xml file is created, which contains 3 entries, because 3 igs files are created:
...
<scene_path>C:\dir/test/test-0000.igs</scene_path>
...
<scene_path>C:\dir/test/test-0001.igs</scene_path>
...
<scene_path>C:\dir/test/test-0002.igs</scene_path>
...
But I would need the following file-names for the igs files:
...
<scene_path>C:\dir/test/test-scene1.igs</scene_path>
...
<scene_path>C:\dir/test/test-scene2.igs</scene_path>
...
<scene_path>C:\dir/test/test-scene3.igs</scene_path>
...
What do I have to do, to reach this goal with the skindigo exporter?
And a further question:
Is there a possibility to start the Indigo "Scene Tab Animation" with a ruby script?
If yes, can you provide sample code?
Best Regards
Automation
Following an example concerning the IGS File-Name issue.
My sketchup file has the name "test.skp"
The existing Sketchup scenes are "scene1", "scene2", "scene3"
If I start the Indigo "Scene Tab Animation" and use a "Frame Rate" 1, an "test.igq" xml file is created, which contains 3 entries, because 3 igs files are created:
...
<scene_path>C:\dir/test/test-0000.igs</scene_path>
...
<scene_path>C:\dir/test/test-0001.igs</scene_path>
...
<scene_path>C:\dir/test/test-0002.igs</scene_path>
...
But I would need the following file-names for the igs files:
...
<scene_path>C:\dir/test/test-scene1.igs</scene_path>
...
<scene_path>C:\dir/test/test-scene2.igs</scene_path>
...
<scene_path>C:\dir/test/test-scene3.igs</scene_path>
...
What do I have to do, to reach this goal with the skindigo exporter?
And a further question:
Is there a possibility to start the Indigo "Scene Tab Animation" with a ruby script?
If yes, can you provide sample code?
Best Regards
Automation

