It seems the sampling for Light sources mirroring on Objects that are in a DOF blurred area is very, very poor.
Is there anything that can be done here??
The shown image also has this bug!
[OPTIMIZATION] DOF + Light reflections
[OPTIMIZATION] DOF + Light reflections
Last edited by Zom-B on Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
polygonmanufaktur.de
Re: [BUG?] DOF + Light reflections
Not a bug but a difficult sampling case I think, the bigger the bokeh the more samples it needs, and all bokeh rays are indirect light.
1° Augment phong exponent (blurry reflections are spreading rays out, dividing rays density after each bounce)
2° As usual, try other samplers and/or combinations ?
oh, and 3°: Wait... wait... wait...
1° Augment phong exponent (blurry reflections are spreading rays out, dividing rays density after each bounce)
2° As usual, try other samplers and/or combinations ?
oh, and 3°: Wait... wait... wait...
obsolete asset
Re: [BUG?] DOF + Light reflections
Yes, I know that this is a difficult scenario!
But anyway.... if something is soooo slow I consider it being a bug.
I know that for unbiased render algos, time is the judge.
Rendering this image for 2 Days and result would be perfect!
Anyway, as you see by every reflection of the "bokeh", the quality drops
MASSIVELY!
The center Ball with the "ring" of reflections" and the balls in the Back have
their reflected bokeh just sampled only a bunch of times (the white noise cloud!)
But being a commercial Product It should be in the interest of Glare
to reduce such slowdown scenarios as much as possible
Speeding up Dof Blur rendering in general is a top request for me,
since I render images very often with this effect...
This here is a "on the top" scenario.
But anyway.... if something is soooo slow I consider it being a bug.
I know that for unbiased render algos, time is the judge.
Rendering this image for 2 Days and result would be perfect!
Anyway, as you see by every reflection of the "bokeh", the quality drops
MASSIVELY!
The center Ball with the "ring" of reflections" and the balls in the Back have
their reflected bokeh just sampled only a bunch of times (the white noise cloud!)
But being a commercial Product It should be in the interest of Glare
to reduce such slowdown scenarios as much as possible
Speeding up Dof Blur rendering in general is a top request for me,
since I render images very often with this effect...
This here is a "on the top" scenario.
polygonmanufaktur.de
Re: [BUG?] DOF + Light reflections
Indeed, nice contribution again ZomBThis here is a "on the top" scenario.
The only thing I have to disagree is about the "bug" mention, although I understand the speed concern (and you understand that unbiasedness requires certain ways) calling sparse sampling a bug is imho strictly improper and misleading as to what unbiased engines are, since the technology is naturally aiming toward better performances.
And by this nature, better performances are of the highest priorities.
That's really just about the choosen word, everything else I agree with (e: cool thread tag btw).
I'm out
obsolete asset
Re: [OPTIMIZATION] DOF + Light reflections
Your render is done with MLT, zom-b?

