Here are a couple of comments on the new scripts.
- You guys rock, keep up the great work.
- Arneoog test file works great for me in Maya 7.
- I can also get my own scenes to work with Phong and Lambert and just reflections but no diffuse with Blinn, I think I have to play around with the scripts more to understand what I am doing wrong with Blinns.
Here are a couple of questions:
- Why does Indigo not start automatically from Maya. Also, I can not get an Indigo XML file to launch Indigo unless they are in the same directory as the Indigo.exe, I get an -could not open file "localinifile.txt"- error. Maybe there is an environmental variable I need to set?
- Is the Normal Smoothing in the Object Editor using the smoothing angle from Maya, or is it a set (one standard angle) smoothing angle?
- I there a way to include texture maps through Maya currently?
Also, about the whole Maya 8 debate, I"m glad you said you were sorry CTZn, it seems MattMR2 is only trying to help out. I have not yet green lighted Maya 8 for the company I work at to use, even though we have it.
I look forward to more updates