Colored emitter lights

General questions about Indigo, the scene format, rendering etc...
Post Reply
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
kirpre
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:36 am

Colored emitter lights

Post by kirpre » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:38 am

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but is there a way to get an emitter light to be any color other than white? I would have thought that changing the material color of the mesh would do this, but it is having no effect when I try it.
kirpre

User avatar
Zom-B
1st Place 100
Posts: 4701
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:18 pm
Location: ´'`\_(ò_Ó)_/´'`
Contact:

Post by Zom-B » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:24 am

Use the RGB Lightning for your emitter, there you could chose your color!

BTW:
What 3D Prog > Exporter do you use, this info is interesting if you
want some detailed help for your Problem...

Welcome @ the Indigo side of live

:wink:

kirpre
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:36 am

Post by kirpre » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:06 am

I tried using the RGB value to change the value of the emitter and nothing happened, the emitter just gave off a yellowish-white light. Does anyone have an XML file of this in action so that I can compare it to what I'm getting?

I use Blender to work with Indigo. I have been playing with it for the last week and love the look of the renders so far. Using it for lighting some of my old work has given me some much improved results from Yafray and/or Blender Integrated rendering.
kirpre

zuegs
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: switzerland

Post by zuegs » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:44 pm

@kirpre:
to use RGB emitter you have to set the "Amb" slider to 0. Otherwise you get a blackbody emitter with temperature="Amb" * 10000.
regards zuegs

kirpre
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:36 am

Post by kirpre » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:19 am

That works, thanks.

The one question that I have now is that when I do this the sky turns black, is there a way to correct this?
kirpre

zuegs
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: switzerland

Post by zuegs » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:58 am

your RGB emitter is to bright against the sky, you can lower RGB values or increase the "sky-gain" slider in the indigo-exporter.

Post Reply
6 posts • Page 1 of 1