Models are to big
- Pippi Longsleeves
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:40 pm
- Location: Berlin
Models are to big
Indigo is not able to build the cache tree for my models.
Is there a 64bit version available? And is this problem fixed whith this version?
Holger
Is there a 64bit version available? And is this problem fixed whith this version?
Holger
- Pippi Longsleeves
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:40 pm
- Location: Berlin
image
You sould se me at 6am

- Pippi Longsleeves
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:40 pm
- Location: Berlin
I´m working on a detailed report
it can take one or two hours
Ps.: I have (8 Gig of ram in my machine and 8 cores)
Ps.: I have (8 Gig of ram in my machine and 8 cores)
hmmm.... maybe you're doing something wrong...
You really need to post the scene, the image (if there is one) and the indigo-window, that shows the status...
Then, how do you use the other machines? Or is it just one with eight cores?
In this case, you have to open the iniFile and search for "threads" and clear "1" but type "8"
Which version do you use?
You really need to post the scene, the image (if there is one) and the indigo-window, that shows the status...
Then, how do you use the other machines? Or is it just one with eight cores?
In this case, you have to open the iniFile and search for "threads" and clear "1" but type "8"
Which version do you use?
- Pippi Longsleeves
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:40 pm
- Location: Berlin
Machines
It´s only one machine and I´ve already edited my inifile to 8 threads.
I´ve also do a lot of renderings whith Indigo and I need to splitt my object couple of times.
I´ve uploaded a Image into the Gallary it is named "alien" in the background you see a machine. This mesh was also to big and after splitting the mesh it goes.
I like to use Indigo for making animations and the Max exporter is scrited that means, it takes a lot of time to export meshes whith it. So I decided to use .obj Files. But I´m not able to splitt every big object in every Frame like Rhino do by exporting into .3ds (see my report comming soon).
Holger
I´ve also do a lot of renderings whith Indigo and I need to splitt my object couple of times.
I´ve uploaded a Image into the Gallary it is named "alien" in the background you see a machine. This mesh was also to big and after splitting the mesh it goes.
I like to use Indigo for making animations and the Max exporter is scrited that means, it takes a lot of time to export meshes whith it. So I decided to use .obj Files. But I´m not able to splitt every big object in every Frame like Rhino do by exporting into .3ds (see my report comming soon).
Holger
- Pippi Longsleeves
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:40 pm
- Location: Berlin
Exporter
I´m using "M2I616 - Max to Indigo v616" as exporter.
Never heard of "Maxigo" I will test it.
In fact: M2I616 does not support animations. My plan was to use a Maxscript that exports 3ds-Files for every Frame and change it, so that it exports obj files and use these Files as an animation in Indigo.
Never heard of "Maxigo" I will test it.
In fact: M2I616 does not support animations. My plan was to use a Maxscript that exports 3ds-Files for every Frame and change it, so that it exports obj files and use these Files as an animation in Indigo.
Gotcha!
Since M2I doesn't support animation, then i thought that you're already using Maxigo
I don't know how well the animation stuff works since nobody has used it (i think) and i only did a fiew tests when i wrote it.
Anyway.. when your models geometry doesnt change during the animation, then you have to export the geometry only once for first frame. The rest will be handled by script so leave the script running. You need to set up a time amount for how long you want Indigo to render one frame (its 25 sec by default) and then Maxigo will only update models positions and rotations after every rendered frame.
So it's like that:
*1st frame -> Maxigo exports all the scene data and models
*1st frame done rendering -> Indigo closes and Maxigo automatically exports only models positions for next frame
*2nd frame starts rendering
*and so on...
But again.. don't know if it fully works
Since M2I doesn't support animation, then i thought that you're already using Maxigo
I don't know how well the animation stuff works since nobody has used it (i think) and i only did a fiew tests when i wrote it.
Anyway.. when your models geometry doesnt change during the animation, then you have to export the geometry only once for first frame. The rest will be handled by script so leave the script running. You need to set up a time amount for how long you want Indigo to render one frame (its 25 sec by default) and then Maxigo will only update models positions and rotations after every rendered frame.
So it's like that:
*1st frame -> Maxigo exports all the scene data and models
*1st frame done rendering -> Indigo closes and Maxigo automatically exports only models positions for next frame
*2nd frame starts rendering
*and so on...
But again.. don't know if it fully works
- Pippi Longsleeves
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:40 pm
- Location: Berlin
Animation
Dear Suvakas:
My models (most time) changes from one frame to another. So I need to export the mesh for every Frame.
But I will definitely test your software as soon as I can.

My models (most time) changes from one frame to another. So I need to export the mesh for every Frame.
But I will definitely test your software as soon as I can.
Re: Animation
Well.. then try to export into obj format and uncheck "Auto disable geometry export after 1st frame" when in animation mode. The rest is same.Pippi Longsleeves wrote:Dear Suvakas:
My models (most time) changes from one frame to another. So I need to export the mesh for every Frame.
But I will definitely test your software as soon as I can.
- Pippi Longsleeves
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:40 pm
- Location: Berlin
Here it is:
Ok folks now were getting crasy:
1. I have one big mesh in a .obj file and indigo parses it completely.
Result: Indigo could not build the treecashe "Failed to allocate memory while building mesh kd-tree."
2. I´ve loaded the model into Rhino: It hase the feature to "split" geometry automaticly, by exporting into .3ds (note that 3ds can only hold 64Kbyte binary vertexdata for every single object in the file)
Result: Indigo build lots of trecashe files for every splittet object (count: 1657) and it goes.
3. Than I´m reloaded it into MAX and collapsed it again into one object BUT: I´m not weld the vertices again, so that I still have my "separated blocks" inside of just one Object.
Result: After I´m emtying my "tree_cache" folder, I´ve regonized that Indigo builds now only one cashe file (43,4 MB) and it goes!
4. Now I´m weld all vertices again, (it has now 1976638 Polys) export this again to .obj (size of obj is 90.1 MB).
Result: It goes..
5: Reload the original one: It goes...!?!
I´m now trying to use a different object
There it is again! And the funny thing: it is smaler than the other ones: (325946 Polys, 219617 Verts)
Indigo uses 485.392 KB in the moment of error.
No cache file written
here the log:
############################################################################
scene file path: 'default.xml'
Using working directory path ''.
created world.
Loading Scene 'default.xml'...
Using sky gain of 0.005000
sun_theta_rad: 0.936875
sun_theta_deg: 53.678982
sun_solid_angle: 0.000060
Sky zenith luminance (cd/m^2): 3868.180664
Sun spectral radiance (Wsr^-1m^-3) at 500nm: 18476936724480.000000
sun_theta_rad: 0.936875
sun_theta_deg: 53.678982
sun_solid_angle: 0.000060
Sky zenith luminance (cd/m^2): 3868.180664
Sun spectral radiance (Wsr^-1m^-3) at 500nm: 18476936724480.000000
Camera: white balance = D65, using CIE XYZ chromacity (0.312730, 0.329020)
----loading external model '.\own\test\ufo.obj'...----
linenum: 1000000
358116.18304 lines / sec
Adding material 'indigo_default' to scene materials.
----Loaded model.----
simple3d mesh vert mem used: 10.025MB (219005 verts)
simple3d mesh tri mem used: 4.675MB (204265 tris)
Couldn't find matching cached tree file, rebuilding tree...
-----------TriTree::build()-------------
204265 tris.
temp tris mem usage: 7.013MB
intersect_tris mem usage: 9.351MB
calcing root AABB.
max tree depth: 37
reserving N nodes: 204265(1.558MB)
leafgeom reserved: 817060(3.117MB)
tri_boxes mem usage: 6.234MB
SceneLoaderExcep: Failed to allocate memory while building mesh kd-tree.
Fatal Error: SceneLoaderExcep: Failed to allocate memory while building mesh kd-tree.
############################################################################
Hope this helps
Ps.: It was the same object as in the "alien" picture in the background
1. I have one big mesh in a .obj file and indigo parses it completely.
Result: Indigo could not build the treecashe "Failed to allocate memory while building mesh kd-tree."
2. I´ve loaded the model into Rhino: It hase the feature to "split" geometry automaticly, by exporting into .3ds (note that 3ds can only hold 64Kbyte binary vertexdata for every single object in the file)
Result: Indigo build lots of trecashe files for every splittet object (count: 1657) and it goes.
3. Than I´m reloaded it into MAX and collapsed it again into one object BUT: I´m not weld the vertices again, so that I still have my "separated blocks" inside of just one Object.
Result: After I´m emtying my "tree_cache" folder, I´ve regonized that Indigo builds now only one cashe file (43,4 MB) and it goes!
4. Now I´m weld all vertices again, (it has now 1976638 Polys) export this again to .obj (size of obj is 90.1 MB).
Result: It goes..
5: Reload the original one: It goes...!?!
I´m now trying to use a different object
There it is again! And the funny thing: it is smaler than the other ones: (325946 Polys, 219617 Verts)
Indigo uses 485.392 KB in the moment of error.
No cache file written
here the log:
############################################################################
scene file path: 'default.xml'
Using working directory path ''.
created world.
Loading Scene 'default.xml'...
Using sky gain of 0.005000
sun_theta_rad: 0.936875
sun_theta_deg: 53.678982
sun_solid_angle: 0.000060
Sky zenith luminance (cd/m^2): 3868.180664
Sun spectral radiance (Wsr^-1m^-3) at 500nm: 18476936724480.000000
sun_theta_rad: 0.936875
sun_theta_deg: 53.678982
sun_solid_angle: 0.000060
Sky zenith luminance (cd/m^2): 3868.180664
Sun spectral radiance (Wsr^-1m^-3) at 500nm: 18476936724480.000000
Camera: white balance = D65, using CIE XYZ chromacity (0.312730, 0.329020)
----loading external model '.\own\test\ufo.obj'...----
linenum: 1000000
358116.18304 lines / sec
Adding material 'indigo_default' to scene materials.
----Loaded model.----
simple3d mesh vert mem used: 10.025MB (219005 verts)
simple3d mesh tri mem used: 4.675MB (204265 tris)
Couldn't find matching cached tree file, rebuilding tree...
-----------TriTree::build()-------------
204265 tris.
temp tris mem usage: 7.013MB
intersect_tris mem usage: 9.351MB
calcing root AABB.
max tree depth: 37
reserving N nodes: 204265(1.558MB)
leafgeom reserved: 817060(3.117MB)
tri_boxes mem usage: 6.234MB
SceneLoaderExcep: Failed to allocate memory while building mesh kd-tree.
Fatal Error: SceneLoaderExcep: Failed to allocate memory while building mesh kd-tree.
############################################################################
Hope this helps
Ps.: It was the same object as in the "alien" picture in the background
