This is an important release for Indigo.
We have added the long-awaited CPU bucket rendering. (GPU already uses bucket rendering)
We mainly added this because it's required to get good results with the denoiser (which is in Indigo since the last 4.4.1 release).
However it also speeds up rendering on a lot of scenes by around 15%.
On simple scenes, with computers with many cores, rendering may be 2x faster or more!
We have also added a texture compression option. This is pretty cool - what it does is to compress textures in memory.
Typically textures are compressed by 6x - e.g. they use just 1/6th of the memory they would have.
This works for both CPU and GPU rendering.
This is pretty useful for trying to fit that scene into your GPU RAM.
This is a Beta release.
If you spot any bugs or problems, please make a post about them in this thread.
Indigo for Windows 64-bit:
Indigo for Linux 64-bit:
Indigo for Mac OS X (10.9 - ):
Indigo RT for Windows 64-bit:
Indigo RT for Linux 64-bit:
Indigo RT for Mac OS X (10.9 - ):
* Added support for CPU bucketed rendering, with per-pixel QMC sequences, for single and bidir path tracing.
Added 'Bucket rendering' and 'Double buffer' checkboxes in render settings.
* Added support for decorrelated pixel sampling/splatting for CPU.
* Added cpu_bucketed_rendering and decorrelated_pixel_sampling render settings. (both false by default)
* Fixed issue with an image from the scene being closed replacing the 'Click to start rendering' text in some cases.
* Fixed normalise_depth_channel option not working on GPU.
* Fixed bidir issue with env depth not being black for non-normalised depths.
* Tweaked scene info display widget, text is now copy and pastable.
* Reporting compressed and uncompressed size of texture in texture control.
* Improved pixel info display for non-beauty channels. Using x,y,z instead of R,G,B etc..
4.4.2 - 4.4.3
* Fixed OpenGL textures not updating on material changes.
* Doing texture compression for textures in OpenGL widget.
* Avoiding locking up UI when unpacking .pigs scenes.
* Multithreaded loading of data into OpenGL preview, avoiding locking up UI while loading data into OpenGL preview.
* Made it so that preloading textures in the UI doesn't block the main UI thread, and is cancellable.
* Moved metadata display in UI to scene info dock widget, from render settings area.
* Fixed bug where inserts into the mat DB failed the first time Indigo was run.
* Opimised texture mapping a little.
* Fixed GPU device selection in UI not working properly. (broken recently)
* Added 'Texture Compression' section, drop-down box for selecting texture compression option.
* Fixed 640x480 resolution preset not working in the UI.
* Added 2560x1440 and 3840x2160 presets.
* Made scene, queue and image saving show a message in the status bar for a few seconds, and in render log.
* Fixed bug with previews of small textures in texture widget.
* Fixed incorrect scaling of IES intensity in some cases.
* Improved handling of IES files so that the luminous intensity from a flat quad will be equal to that specified in the IES file at grazing angles.
* Added UI support for changing/viewing IES profile in scene editor.
* Fixed crashing when loading an igm file with no material nodes in it.