If you spot any bugs or problems, please make a post about them in this thread.
In this beta we introduced quite a few optimisations.
One thing we optimised was scene loading times for scenes with lots of large textures.
We also now keep the textures loaded between render runs.
Some example measurements for Mor4us's living room scene:
Time from starting to loading scene to render start:
Indigo 3.8.0: ~14.4 seconds
Indigo 3.8.1: ~3.2 seconds
That's a 4.5x speedup!
Time to start rendering after scene is already loaded:
Indigo 3.8.0: ~8.4 seconds
Indigo 3.8.1: ~0.2 seconds
That's a 42x speedup!
Indigo for Windows 32-bit:
Indigo for Windows 64-bit:
Indigo for Linux 64-bit:
Indigo for Mac OSX (10.6 - 10.8 ):
Indigo RT for Windows 32-bit:
Indigo RT for Windows 64-bit:
Indigo RT for Linux 64-bit:
Indigo RT for Mac OSX (10.6 - 10.8 ):
* Improved MLT convergence and raw speed.
* Added multi-threaded texture loading. Greatly speeds up loading times for scenes with lots of hi-res textures.
Also speeds up restarting rendering a lot.
* Greatly increased OpenGL preview rendering speed.
* Added better handling of blend, coating, and double sided thin materials in the OpenGL preview.
* Added some specular shading for Phong in the OpenGL preview.
* Fixed textures not updating in OpenGL preview on realtime changes.
* Fixed online mat browser not showing any materials.
* Fixed IES bug introduced recently.
* Fixed light layer + bidir bug introduced in 3.8.0.
* Fixed bug with blend materials introduced in 3.8.0.
* Fixed saving of arch glass option after enabling in UI.
* Various rendering speed optimisations.