[req] MAxigo net render
[req] MAxigo net render
It's possible to ad a option in maxigo to do a render in network?
filippo
filippo
2x Xeon quad core ghz 2.66(8 core)+4g ram+quadro fx
2 x Xeon Quad 5540 (16 core)+16GB ram+ Nvidia GTX 295 1800mb
2 x Xeon Quad 5540 (16 core)+16GB ram+ Nvidia GTX 295 1800mb
- Kosmokrator
- Posts: 1141
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:52 am
- Location: Greece-Athens
connect your old pc via 1mbps pci lan cart and voila...u have a local area network of 2 pc 
im kidding.......imo filippo is not so hard to make it work....just take the exported directory to every slave and edit the .bat file by adding the -n s or -n wm parameter!
im kidding.......imo filippo is not so hard to make it work....just take the exported directory to every slave and edit the .bat file by adding the -n s or -n wm parameter!
1)Core i7 965XE stock CLOCK ,PSU:CHIEFTEC 850W
M/B ASUS P6T DELUXE,WATERCOOLING ZALMAN RESERATOR 2
MEMORY:6GB CORRSAIR @1600,Ati HD 4870x2,
MONITOR:LG 1950SQ,CASE:THERMALTAKE SOPRANO
M/B ASUS P6T DELUXE,WATERCOOLING ZALMAN RESERATOR 2
MEMORY:6GB CORRSAIR @1600,Ati HD 4870x2,
MONITOR:LG 1950SQ,CASE:THERMALTAKE SOPRANO
- Kosmokrator
- Posts: 1141
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:52 am
- Location: Greece-Athens
Is anyone one working on this or can I take a crack at it myself?
Any ideas?
I am thinking about using "pstools" in this process, then in the export script dialog we can define the slave computers. pstools would start indigo on those computers if they hadn't already been started and also work with a file transfer app to do that part of it. Should be pretty straight forward, no?
I have some experience doing this kinda stuff so maybe I can handle it? LOL, actually I'm not sure but I'll gladly try if no-one else is going to!
Any ideas?
I am thinking about using "pstools" in this process, then in the export script dialog we can define the slave computers. pstools would start indigo on those computers if they hadn't already been started and also work with a file transfer app to do that part of it. Should be pretty straight forward, no?
I have some experience doing this kinda stuff so maybe I can handle it? LOL, actually I'm not sure but I'll gladly try if no-one else is going to!
btw awesome job on the maxigo script, I haven't been able to use it yet because our license server is messed up this morning, but I'm excited about it! We have 30-40 computers here at the office I'll eventually get to test as an indigo render farm (so far only tried 5) so, you can imagine why I'm eager to help here...
filippo, here's what i do...
1) on each of the "slaves" type:
indigo_console.exe -n s
this will run indefinately, so you can do this in the morning or whenever and leave it be....
2) then on the "working master":
indigo.exe -n wm
or if you want to start a spacific scene:
indigo.exe -n wm testscenes/cornellbox_jotero.igs
that's it!!! of course, make sure you have the same files in the same location on every machine and all will be fine! good luck
1) on each of the "slaves" type:
indigo_console.exe -n s
this will run indefinately, so you can do this in the morning or whenever and leave it be....
2) then on the "working master":
indigo.exe -n wm
or if you want to start a spacific scene:
indigo.exe -n wm testscenes/cornellbox_jotero.igs
that's it!!! of course, make sure you have the same files in the same location on every machine and all will be fine! good luck
OK, I got a pretty nice system worked out, seems to work, with just one exception: The bat file that starts the main file neds to have "-n wm" on it. Can this be done from within the exporter?
http://www.indigorenderer.com/joomla/fo ... 0844#40844
Let me know what you think
http://www.indigorenderer.com/joomla/fo ... 0844#40844
Let me know what you think

