Indigo 0.6 test 1 blender exporter beta 1

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Blender Indigo export script
leope

Indigo 0.6 test 1 blender exporter beta 1

Post by leope » Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:10 am

I've uploaded it at wiki:
http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/ ... o_exporter
http://mediawiki.blender.org/uploads/9/ ... _beta1.zip

I've added a menu for the choice of the environment type and updated the background syntax.

Hope it works... :)

ciao, leope.

neepneep
Indigo 100

Post by neepneep » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:34 pm

Yup it works, :D :D :D Thanks Leope!

leope

Post by leope » Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:19 pm

thanks neepneep, but i think i stop my little mods at the exporter (and paying with indigo) for now , until a not-OS linux port (no wine) is ready.
I think my skill is also not enough for a future support/integration with blender nodes....

The_MorMor

Post by The_MorMor » Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:58 am

When i try using it with 2.42a blender doesnt find the script..but it works fine on 2.42. anny one knows why?

And yes..one other thing.. its still called 0.5beta in the script menu but when you run the sc ript it says 0.6.

leope

Post by leope » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:47 am

Sorry... i use the script only with ALT + P, so i forgot to change the first part of the code...

Code: Select all

#!BPY
"""Registration info for Blender menus:
Name: 'Indigo v0.5beta'
Blender: 240
Group: 'Export'
Tooltip: 'Export to Indigo v0.5 scene format (.xml)'
"""
You can change the code with the right values or wait for the next mod of the next developer :)

bye
leope

Maluminas

Post by Maluminas » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:15 am

I cant get it to work in 2.42a

What are the right values i need to put in the code?

zuegs

Post by zuegs » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:25 am

Hi Maluminas,

what does not work? Where you've put the script file? Have you saw the exporter GUI yet? Have you exported a XML? Have you started Indigo with the XML?

Maluminas

Post by Maluminas » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:49 am

Whoa O.o lots of questions :P

1-I cant get it in the File>Export menu in Blender, thats where i assumed it should be like the latest 0.5 exporter that i used before.

2-Ive put the script in C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts\ like the other one before.

3-Theres an Indigo GUI for Blender? O.o Where?

4-Ive successfully exported plenty of XML files with the 0.5 exporter.

5-I start Indigo 0.5 like so: A.) specify the scene xml in inifile.txt B.) double-clic on Indigo.exe C.) it works everytime except when i edited the XML and made a mistake lol).

Zsolt

Post by Zsolt » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:17 am

First of all, thanks for the coder(s) of both Indigo and the export script! It is looking very promising, I have already rerendered some of my older projects with it.

Some remarks though:
- No texture maps. The exporter doesn't export any textures.
- If the RayMirror of a material is turned on, the result will be a completely black material in Indigo. I realise that reflection is controlled through the Specular slider of the material and not RayMirror, but the exporter shouldn't export an unuseable material if the RayMirror happens to be turned on.
- Neither float nor exr type HDR probes seem to work for me. It is loaded into the background, but all the objects (except for transparent objects) are rendered black.
- Sometimes some meshes are skipped when exporting. I can try to get a sample file for this.

BTW: this is the latest 0.6 exporter
"Have you ever had a render Neo you were so sure was real? What if you couldn't wake from that render? How would you know the difference between the rendered world, and the real world?"

zuegs

Post by zuegs » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:13 pm

Maluminas,
ok... was just to figure out where your problem is, first as mentioned above you could change the code by replacing "0.5"s to "0.6" to get the right caption in the blender menu.

Code: Select all

#!BPY 
"""Registration info for Blender menus: 
Name: 'Indigo v0.5beta' 
Blender: 240 
Group: 'Export' 
Tooltip: 'Export to Indigo v0.5 scene format (.xml)' 
""" 
Then select in blender the "scripts window", in there you will find the "Scripts" menu, in there select the "Update Menus" item.
There's no Indigo GUI, only the exporter GUI/window in Blender :?

Zsoft:
- The exportor does not export texture files but the texture reference. You can apply a "COL"-"UV"-"Image" texture in blender and then move the exported XML together with the image file to indigo (same dir).
- RayMirror creates a specular indigo material, otherwise you get a phong material, both are valid. I'am not sure if specular materials works correctly in v0.6 yet.
BTW: ZSoft, you better use v0.5 as it's the last stable one instead of v0.6 which is just for tests ONLY. :roll:

Maluminas

Post by Maluminas » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:31 pm

Thanks Zuegs! It worked :D

So it was a conflict because both scripts have the same name in the Exports menu... So obvious yet so difficult to see :lol:

Zsolt

Post by Zsolt » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:30 am

- The exportor does not export texture files but the texture reference. You can apply a "COL"-"UV"-"Image" texture in blender and then move the exported XML together with the image file to indigo (same dir).

Ah OK, thanks, so only UV textures... well that's a setback, I hope the regular Blender mapping modes will also once become available (Glob, Orco, Object...)
RayMirror creates a specular indigo material, otherwise you get a phong material, both are valid. I'am not sure if specular materials works correctly in v0.6 yet.
Thanks, checking the XML, if RayMir is turned on then it's a specular material, with IOR=1.0 and "<transparent>false</transparent>", and that renders black with v.0.6. However a transparent specular material (ie: glass) works.
Its a bit confusing though, as the Phong material also has specularity. ???
"Have you ever had a render Neo you were so sure was real? What if you couldn't wake from that render? How would you know the difference between the rendered world, and the real world?"

zuegs

Post by zuegs » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:55 pm

@Zsoft:
RayMir "would" provides a sharp specularity (like mirror), Phong has "only" blurred specularity (use "Hard"-slider on "Shaders"-page to set blurrness).
best regards Zuegs

zuegs

Post by zuegs » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:00 pm

@radiance:
This highlighted GUIs are great for explaining and comprehension! :D Your Tut will be a big help... thanks.

richie

Post by richie » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:35 pm

hi, what about both specular and non transparent material ?

29 posts