black glass when UVsphere is split in two

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Blender Indigo export script
Post Reply
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
scatman
Posts: 63
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:12 pm
Location: North Carolina, USA

black glass when UVsphere is split in two

Post by scatman » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:03 pm

Why is indigo rendering a black line where the 2 halves of the UVsphere meet? All of my normals are out...what gives. I wish it ware easier to post an image in a forum, but I shouldn't be complaining. Please see the attached images (if I attached them correctly)

Image
http://s583.photobucket.com/albums/ss27 ... g&newest=1

Image
http://s583.photobucket.com/albums/ss27 ... g&newest=1

Please help. Thanks.
scatman

User avatar
Borgleader
Posts: 2149
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:48 am

Re: black glass when UVsphere is split in two

Post by Borgleader » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:16 pm

it looks to me like its the flat surface of your red glass semi-sphere. It looks black but i think its actually dark red, and that would be due to the high color absorption of your material (or so i think anyway).

i dont think indigo's behaviour is wrong in this case.
benn hired a mercenary to kill my sig...

scatman
Posts: 63
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:12 pm
Location: North Carolina, USA

Re: black glass when UVsphere is split in two

Post by scatman » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:45 am

Thanks for your response. I reduced the absorption (GAIN) setting in the Indigo GUI from "10" to "5", but the blackness persists. Did I adjust the wrong setting?

scatman

Post Reply
3 posts • Page 1 of 1