DEV-thread - Blendigo v0.7 - material-editor-exporter
Good man, zeugs. 
The hardest part of BEING yourself is FINDING yourself in the first place...
http://thebigdavec.googlepages.com
http://thebigdavec.googlepages.com
- joegiampaoli
- Posts: 837
- Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:12 am
- Location: San Miguel de Allende-MEXICO
- Contact:
Wow! Copy and paste very, very nicely done 
Thanks, Zuegs
Thanks, Zuegs
The hardest part of BEING yourself is FINDING yourself in the first place...
http://thebigdavec.googlepages.com
http://thebigdavec.googlepages.com
Oo, oo, oo! I have another request. I'd understand ENTIRELY if you said it wasn't practical, but, how about the option to choose the size of the preview render, say from three options (small, medium and large)?
So for really quick previews, select small.
For the material database library, a good quality large render.
And a medium one for a decent size thumbnail.
What d'ya say?
So for really quick previews, select small.
For the material database library, a good quality large render.
And a medium one for a decent size thumbnail.
What d'ya say?
The hardest part of BEING yourself is FINDING yourself in the first place...
http://thebigdavec.googlepages.com
http://thebigdavec.googlepages.com
I'm asking if there is a way to tile a material. For instance, for a floor plane. I noticed that in one of the previews scenes for Blendigo that it is setup as a 'grid'. I suppose I could recreate this by editing the XML file but I'd much rather have a way to do it in Blendigo.
Of course this is assuming there isn't *already* a way to do this and I just don't know how.
Of course this is assuming there isn't *already* a way to do this and I just don't know how.
@5OnIt: I think you can use a "Blend" material. Create a blend-map jpeg-image where black-parts stays for the first material (A) and the white parts for the second material (B). Then in the Blend-material-settings assign which materials to use for A and B. Also you can create soft-blending between your A and B material by any gray-scale in the blend-map. At least you can do some nice checkerboards with this 
@DaveC: I could add behind the "preview" button a small "..." button that popups a small editbox with the preview-scene-filename in it which defaults to "materialpreview.xml". But then you could hand-edit it to an other filename (ex "materialpreview_low.xml") which is located in the same directory and where you have changed the render-size-settings or other stuff (imagine you could have a utrafast simple preview with just a indigo-primitive-sphere and a nice and more complex preview-scene where you can see all aspects of the material)
I will test it, nice idea, handy for pros and quite invisible for noobs
@DaveC: I could add behind the "preview" button a small "..." button that popups a small editbox with the preview-scene-filename in it which defaults to "materialpreview.xml". But then you could hand-edit it to an other filename (ex "materialpreview_low.xml") which is located in the same directory and where you have changed the render-size-settings or other stuff (imagine you could have a utrafast simple preview with just a indigo-primitive-sphere and a nice and more complex preview-scene where you can see all aspects of the material)
I will test it, nice idea, handy for pros and quite invisible for noobs
Zuegs, you have taken my idea an given it go faster stripes! A preview with just a sphere. A preview with close-up lights. A preview with a larger scale (1 meter instead of 4 cm). The possibilities are endless. Well done, Zuegs!
The hardest part of BEING yourself is FINDING yourself in the first place...
http://thebigdavec.googlepages.com
http://thebigdavec.googlepages.com
@5onIt. You have to UV map a small single tile over a large area. That's how my mat-preview scene works. It's one square but the UV-map repeats the square all over the background.

It works for texture and bump maps.

It works for texture and bump maps.
The hardest part of BEING yourself is FINDING yourself in the first place...
http://thebigdavec.googlepages.com
http://thebigdavec.googlepages.com
