DEV-thread - Blendigo v0.7 - material-editor-exporter

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Blender Indigo export script
Post Reply
522 posts
zuegs
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: switzerland

Post by zuegs » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:13 am

UPDATED

- fixed "null" material export when used in blend-material
- indigo primitives sphere and plane (meshname must contain ".sphere" or ".plane")
- added linear tonemapping scale (you must deactivate auto-exposure for this)
- changed F-Stop formula (perhaps wrong :oops: )

can someone provide me a couple of formulas on exposure, aperture, ISO, shutter, F-Stop, focal-length relations :) need some help to setup camera parameters correctly :roll:

User avatar
Macrob
Posts: 289
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:55 am

Post by Macrob » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:06 am

Hi! I´m using (gentoo) linux and tried the blendigo-script today. Unfortunately i get this error message, if I try to export the standard scene:

Code: Select all

----------------------
BLENDIGO v0.7t5 BETA 3
----------------------
  Linux-platform: linux2  os.sep: /
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1495, in ?
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/posixpath.py", line 62, in join
    elif path == '' or path.endswith('/'):
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'endswith'
and, of course, I have no idea what I can do :cry:

EDIT: The error is gone, I should RTFM :roll:
I did not create the folder /home/me/.blender/scripts/bpydata :oops:

zuegs
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: switzerland

Post by zuegs » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:15 am

Hi Macrob,
i'am very sorry but i have no idea what the problem is. I think there are other users with Linux without such a problem. The error happens in one of the python librarys "os.path.join" and not in the Blendigo script. What version of Python do you have installed?
[EDIT] ok... good luck so :wink:

manuel
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:13 am
Location: Germany
Contact:

exponent_map

Post by manuel » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:51 am

hi, then I want to select a exponent_map and choose one from the browse window i got a error. console output:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1915, in drawGUI
File "<string>", line 1777, in drawCamera
File "<string>", line 1934, in drawButtons
File "<string>", line 572, in matExponentPathCB
NameError: global name 'filename' is not defined


.....
ok i found the reason :-)
Line 570:

def matExponentPathCB(filemane):

it works better with

def matExponentPathCB(filename):

manuel

zuegs
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: switzerland

Post by zuegs » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:17 am

SMALL UPDATE

- fixed misstyped matExponentPathCB (by manuel)

@manuel,
thx a lot for your help ... I have corrected and updated download link.

regards zuegs

User avatar
jansan
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:52 am
Location: Dominican Rep.

Post by jansan » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:37 pm

Greeting and I thank for the development of Blendigo, and the Tutorial that on the version 0.7-b5 and excellent Blendigo Thanks to the creators and Nick for these advances

Que chevere (Nice)!!!!!! Gracias al tutorial ya estoy migrando de la v064-b3 a la v0.7-b5

User avatar
cooler_inc
2nd Place Winner
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: Ukraine, Donetsk
Contact:

Post by cooler_inc » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:32 pm

Hello

How to prepare scene using Blendigo for combined light sources: SUN and MESHLIGHT (rectanglelight)?
Like described in this thread http://www2.indigorenderer.com/joomla/f ... =blackbody

neepneep
Indigo 100
Posts: 413
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:21 am

Post by neepneep » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:41 am

Hey Zuegs -

Is it possible allow for a couple more decimal points in the Linear Tonemapping field?

:D

User avatar
kepler
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:18 am
Location: Italy

Post by kepler » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:40 am

Excuse me guys, I can't understand a thing. When I have the "save_igi" parameter set to "false" into the inifile.txt, and I push the "Save IGI" button into Blendigo, then Indigo doesn't save an IGI file.
When, on the contrary, I have the "save_igi" parameter set to "true" into the inifile.txt, it doesn't matter if I push or not the "Save IGI" button, Indigo saves the IGI file. :?

Probably I've not understood something, but I can't figure out when a setting "overwrites" the corrispondent into the inifile.txt
Could you help me with this problem? :?

zuegs
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: switzerland

Post by zuegs » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:59 am

@cooler_inc:
this should work, create a sun-lamp and a meshlight (not too big <1m efficacy-scaled: power 10000W, o.all-eff 100lm/W), enable "Physical Sky" on blendigo-"environment" page. With this settings you should see both lights. If light still black and stands open-air just douple power a bit... hope it works for you.

@neepneep:
current range for linear scale is 1e-9 - 1e9 in the edit box. It's possible that the XML output is clamped to 6 digits.... i will change this. Ehat range would you need?

@kepler:
Yes I was optimistic that Indigo interprets the "<save_igi>" XML-tag, but it seems not yet, or I have misstyped this tag :oops: :?: . Because it's just an assumption that this XML-tag would be called "save_igi" as in the ini-file. If it's Indigo it would be perhaps in when final v0.7 will be released :wink:

@Nik:
Does XML-tag <save_igi> exist???

neepneep
Indigo 100
Posts: 413
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:21 am

Post by neepneep » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:31 am

zuegs wrote: current range for linear scale is 1e-9 - 1e9 in the edit box. It's possible that the XML output is clamped to 6 digits.... i will change this. Ehat range would you need?
What I forgot to mention earlier (duh :oops: ) was that I was trying to use 0.001 but it is clamped at 0.1 - Can you allow it to go down to 0.00001 ? :D

User avatar
Kram1032
Posts: 6649
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:55 am
Location: Austria near Vienna

Post by Kram1032 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:12 am

neepneeps reply was a very special one!
100st reply to this thread :D
(Mine is too: 101 8) )

User avatar
cooler_inc
2nd Place Winner
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: Ukraine, Donetsk
Contact:

Post by cooler_inc » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:31 pm

Thnx zuegs, it works :)
I thought that Power [W] must be about 100W like Lamps are in real life, I was wrong.

zuegs
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: switzerland

Post by zuegs » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:01 pm

@cooler_inc:
yeah, the sun is quite strong :wink: if you have a closed room with just a "small" window you can see indoorlights with about 100W. But outdoor with direct sunlight they are to weak.

User avatar
tungee
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:17 pm
Location: Gießen Germany

Thank you!

Post by tungee » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:54 am

Hi zuegs, first of all i want to thank you for your efforts.
The Exporter is really superb! :)

First of all i have some questions:
1. How can i save materials and settings?
2. Do you plan an more advanced mat-system( i mean more controls like epidermis and henstein stuff)?

Beside these i have also some suggestions:
1. to choose background color directly in enviroment section of the exporter
2. max. turbidity to 20

Thank you!
Music has the right to children!

Post Reply
522 posts