Is there a list of popular material settings?

General questions about Indigo, the scene format, rendering etc...
Post Reply
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
superbob
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:36 am

Is there a list of popular material settings?

Post by superbob » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:09 am

Hey!

I'm one of the newbies that found out about Indigo (and blender for that matter) from CG Architect. Anyways...after a couple of hours of experimenting with things and finding out what the bugs are in Indigo, I feel like I'm on my way.

My question is has anybody made settings of their materials (aka wood, marble, etc)? I'm trying trial and error...which works but its a very slow process for the render to be clear enough to see if it worked.


Thanks!

Aaron

User avatar
arneoog
Indigo 100
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:19 am
Contact:

Post by arneoog » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:12 am

There may be some help in the Indigo Reference Manual ...

Also there will come a Material Database where people can upload and download custom materials :)
I just need to finish it off first :wink:

User avatar
chocobanana
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:43 pm

Post by chocobanana » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:03 am

Hey!

A material pool would be an excellent addition for the site and an excellent learning tool. Who knows if it won't become a reality... ;)

Cheers

User avatar
joegiampaoli
Posts: 837
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:12 am
Location: San Miguel de Allende-MEXICO
Contact:

Post by joegiampaoli » Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:14 pm

arneoog wrote:There may be some help in the Indigo Reference Manual ...

Also there will come a Material Database where people can upload and download custom materials :)
I just need to finish it off first :wink:
aernoog, is radiance's .blend scene the final material preview maker or is there an update, if there is could you send me the file so I can play around with it and see what strange materials I can come up with.
Thx
Joe Giampaoli
Never tie a ship to a single anchor, nor life to a single hope
My Indigo Gallery

User avatar
arneoog
Indigo 100
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:19 am
Contact:

Post by arneoog » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:01 pm

I think he's going to upload a new and better XML version too..
Atleast, that's what he said :)

Post Reply
5 posts • Page 1 of 1