Rhino and materials

General questions about Indigo, the scene format, rendering etc...
Post Reply
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
Keith
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:43 pm

Rhino and materials

Post by Keith » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:49 pm

Hi all,

I am using Rhino to generate my scenes, can I add materials to my objects within Rhino, or do I have to amend the xml file after it is produced.

Many thanks,
Keith

Phil
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:22 am
Location: St. Wendel, Germany

Post by Phil » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:17 am

Hi Keith,

I do not know about Rhino, but I think, that this is not possible whithout an exporter.
Perhaps a better way would be Rhino-> Blender-> indigo.

regards, Phil

User avatar
rgigante
Posts: 326
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:46 am
Location: Italy

Post by rgigante » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:58 pm

Hi Keith,


you can easily add material directly into Rhino using Rhino2Indigo. THe only limitation is due to the fact that rhino doesn't handle texture projection over the native mesh model (u should create your nurbs geometry and then convert it to mesh to obtain the implicit UV coords).

With Rhino2Indigo (find a link in Genereal Exporter)u can define material/emitters, environment, rendersettings and so on.


For any help please feedback me at riccardo(dot)gigante(at)hotmail.com

Post Reply
3 posts • Page 1 of 1