only skylight and no sunlight

General questions about Indigo, the scene format, rendering etc...
Post Reply
10 posts • Page 1 of 1
ossosso
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:42 pm

only skylight and no sunlight

Post by ossosso » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:50 am

Hi eveyone!

I'm testing indigo 0.9 with Maxigo exporter 0.9.

I'm still new but it seems all clear enough.

Udner the Environment tab (maxigo) I active "Skylight", and inside my scene I insert a "Daylight" system of 3dsmax, in this way I can choose Date\Time for my rendering. And all works correctly :)

Now I'd like to know if it's possible to eliminate the sun from my scene, obtein only a "cloudy-day" illumination (manteining Date\Time information).

Thank you very much!

User avatar
suvakas
3rd Place Winner
Posts: 2613
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:08 pm
Location: Estonia
Contact:

Post by suvakas » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:15 am

I think you can't. At least there is no option for making sun to disappear. Use blue background color for cloudy look.

User avatar
Kram1032
Posts: 6649
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:55 am
Location: Austria near Vienna

Post by Kram1032 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:32 am

handedit the igs to a sun position of 0 0 0 and the sun disappears^^

User avatar
suvakas
3rd Place Winner
Posts: 2613
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:08 pm
Location: Estonia
Contact:

Post by suvakas » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:34 am

Kram1032 wrote:handedit the igs to a sun position of 0 0 0 and the sun disappears^^
Really? Didn't know that.
Thanks for the info.

User avatar
Kram1032
Posts: 6649
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:55 am
Location: Austria near Vienna

Post by Kram1032 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:36 am

at least, that's what manitwo said more than once^^
credits to him ;)

vux
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:02 am

Post by vux » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:51 am

maybe you need HDRI for SkyDome

User avatar
Kram1032
Posts: 6649
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:55 am
Location: Austria near Vienna

Post by Kram1032 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:20 am

for a cloudy day, you either need the extremely slow new sky system, which supports clouds (which are even slower^^)
or you need to use a HDRi, as vux suggested^^

User avatar
suvakas
3rd Place Winner
Posts: 2613
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:08 pm
Location: Estonia
Contact:

Post by suvakas » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:25 am

Simple blue background does it very nicely.
Just try it.

User avatar
CoolColJ
Posts: 1738
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:47 pm

Post by CoolColJ » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:23 am

well cloudy day lighting would be more like a constant grey'ish white :)

Just get a photo of a cloudy day and sample the RGB value of that and use that as a background colour for lighting

User avatar
Zom-B
1st Place 100
Posts: 4701
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:18 pm
Location: ´'`\_(ò_Ó)_/´'`
Contact:

Re: only skylight and no sunlight

Post by Zom-B » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:46 am

ossosso wrote:Now I'd like to know if it's possible to eliminate the sun from my scene, obtein only a "cloudy-day" illumination (manteining Date\Time information).
Check out this cool Free HDR Sky collection from evermotion, I'm using them very often...

No Date\Time information but perhaps it helps you...

welcome to Indigo dude!
polygonmanufaktur.de

Post Reply
10 posts • Page 1 of 1