Organizing development??

General questions about Indigo, the scene format, rendering etc...
Post Reply
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
Slobodan
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:19 pm
Location: TORONTO, CANADA

Organizing development??

Post by Slobodan » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:54 am

Hi Guys,

First, I want to thank everybody for their great work in this community and I can say that we are lucky too have it. Thanks to ONO around whom all this was built. :) :)
I think everything we do here has a great potential, it doesn't matter if it is renderer, documentation,exporter, scenes, models etc. Without each of these elements this would be a cripple.
There is one thing that kills me here. It kills me that people are not willing/able/don't know how/ or for some other reason don't want to put group effort into all this. I briefly scanned through forum and there is couple of documentations going on in the same language and I don't even want to go into exporter thing.

Can we somehow organize this into nice and neat development environment.?
Can we have one, very good, exporter for every and each platform??

I thought I'll ask. :oops: :oops:

Thanks everybody,

Slobodan

User avatar
CTZn
Posts: 7240
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:34 pm
Location: Paris, France

Post by CTZn » Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:43 am

Hi Slobodan,

I thing everyone would agree with you, and imo that's precisely what's discussed currently. I believe there will not be 2 weeks without a structural organization to rise up, only because many exporters for blender are nearly operational and competences are to be joined toward one solid exporter. Even regarding the making of documentations ideas are getting to a maturation, so get just a bit of patience and be sure things are going on.

In the time a new server will be set up, everything is going to evoluate fast I believe ;)

Slobodan
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:19 pm
Location: TORONTO, CANADA

Post by Slobodan » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:02 am

It's great to hear this CTZn. At least it's being worked on. :) :)

I just find it great waist of everybody's time being in the mess.


Let me know how I can contribute, to the best of my ability and time.

Thanks,

Slobodan

User avatar
CTZn
Posts: 7240
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:34 pm
Location: Paris, France

Post by CTZn » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:21 am

Let me know how I can contribute, to the best of my ability and time.
Well, that will depend on the final design of the structure I guess, I'm just like you an average user waiting for things to pop up (but they're definitly on their way). At this time official declarations should tell us what we can do. For instance the idea of a wiki is largely accepted by now I think :)

Cheers

Post Reply
4 posts • Page 1 of 1