General questions about Indigo, the scene format, rendering etc...
-
Wedge
- Posts: 441
- Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:33 am
- Location: East Coast, USA
Post
by Wedge » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:16 pm
Look cool!
I think the big igs slow loading bug thing is here to stay. There seems to be no easy way to load a big text file.
Best thing to do is export multiple files, as we already know.

Content contained in my posts is for informational purposes only and is used at your own risk.
-
psor

- Posts: 1295
- Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:25 am
- Location: Berlin
-
Contact:
Post
by psor » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:21 pm
@Wedge
Hehe, ... but OuiOui was cool enough to load
all "included" .igs
files! So that does not help at all. But it would be possible to exclude files
from loading - I guess ... we don't need to edit the geometry file.
take care
psor
"The sleeper must awaken"
-
OuiOui
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:49 pm
- Location: Bourges
-
Contact:
Post
by OuiOui » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:41 am
Thanks for your comments and/or encouragements.
I have added two small things :
- "A save as" button in the preview tab
- Three quality for the material preview. (Low medium and High)
You can modify the "haltspp" for the 3 quality.
Link :
http://ouioui.didou.free.fr/upload/IGSL ... .0.2.3.zip
-
OuiOui
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:49 pm
- Location: Bourges
-
Contact:
Post
by OuiOui » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:43 am
P.S : Don't kepp your "conf.ini".
You must replace "conf.ini" with the file in the zip SO you must re-configure your indigo PATH. Sorry for that.
-
dougal2

- Posts: 2532
- Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:17 am
- Location: South London
Post
by dougal2 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:14 am
OuiOui,
Works well here, I really love the preview rendering!
I have a few ideas...
1. extract material definition to .igm
2. extract material definition + textures to .pigm
3. import .igm or .pigm into a scene and replace an existing material with it.
and
4. integration with the database site i'm building for exchange of .pigm materials.
I ask about #4 especially as it would be a very simple way to generate preview renders for the site - it'd keep things very easy to use and consistant looking.
your thoughts?
-
joegiampaoli
- Posts: 837
- Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:12 am
- Location: San Miguel de Allende-MEXICO
-
Contact:
Post
by joegiampaoli » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:20 am
OuiOui
Is there any way you could compile for using with wine in Linux please? It gives me some floating window error

Joe Giampaoli
Never tie a ship to a single anchor, nor life to a single hope
My Indigo Gallery
-
OuiOui
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:49 pm
- Location: Bourges
-
Contact:
Post
by OuiOui » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:01 am
dougal2 wrote:OuiOui,
Works well here, I really love the preview rendering!
I have a few ideas...
1. extract material definition to .igm
2. extract material definition + textures to .pigm
3. import .igm or .pigm into a scene and replace an existing material with it.
and
4. integration with the database site i'm building for exchange of .pigm materials.
I ask about #4 especially as it would be a very simple way to generate preview renders for the site - it'd keep things very easy to use and consistant looking.
your thoughts?
1 - 2 - 3 : Good ideas

I will try to implement that.
4 - Why not

How we can do ?
-
OuiOui
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:49 pm
- Location: Bourges
-
Contact:
Post
by OuiOui » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:05 am
joegiampaoli wrote:OuiOui
Is there any way you could compile for using with wine in Linux please? It gives me some floating window error

Sorry but I don't know why you have this bug ....
And I'm not sure I can compile it under wine. I think my IDE do not work under wine.
I will try to do it under ubuntu next week.
-
joegiampaoli
- Posts: 837
- Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:12 am
- Location: San Miguel de Allende-MEXICO
-
Contact:
Post
by joegiampaoli » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:09 am

Oh man that would be nice!!!
Thx

Joe Giampaoli
Never tie a ship to a single anchor, nor life to a single hope
My Indigo Gallery
-
dougal2

- Posts: 2532
- Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:17 am
- Location: South London
Post
by dougal2 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:22 am
Oui,
I sent you a PM.
-
filippo
- Posts: 658
- Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:46 pm
- Location: italia(senigallia-an)
-
Contact:
Post
by filippo » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:16 am
wonderfull work...
filippo
2x Xeon quad core ghz 2.66(8 core)+4g ram+quadro fx
2 x Xeon Quad 5540 (16 core)+16GB ram+ Nvidia GTX 295 1800mb
-
Deus
- Posts: 336
- Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:47 am
Post
by Deus » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:02 am
Great work
I was also gonna complain about the short hallttime. SSS materials on a normal PC basically turns up as a few random colored dots
By the way what is the GUI skinning tool/framework you use? It looks great
-
OuiOui
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:49 pm
- Location: Bourges
-
Contact:
Post
by OuiOui » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:34 pm
Deus wrote:Great work
I was also gonna complain about the short hallttime. SSS materials on a normal PC basically turns up as a few random colored dots
By the way what is the GUI skinning tool/framework you use? It looks great
Now you can configure the "halttime"
I use the Borland Delphi 7 IDE (I have a licence

)
-
dougal2

- Posts: 2532
- Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:17 am
- Location: South London
Post
by dougal2 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:01 am
cool, I tried to test but...
-
Attachments
-

- fail.jpg (14.26 KiB) Viewed 3544 times