I have opened some files (gold, copper, lithium) and the only difference between the files in indigo and the files in maxwell is the name...
.nk files
-
apatriarca
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:25 am
- Location: Italy
.nk files
I have a demo version of Maxwell Render on my pc and I have decided to confront .nk files with .ior files.
It's the same format!!!
I have opened some files (gold, copper, lithium) and the only difference between the files in indigo and the files in maxwell is the name...

I have opened some files (gold, copper, lithium) and the only difference between the files in indigo and the files in maxwell is the name...
- afecelis
- Posts: 749
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:14 am
- Location: Colombia
- 3D Software: Blender
- Contact:
that's because the nk data is one and only one:
http://www.astro.uni-jena.de/Laboratory/OCDB/oxsul.html
they're lab-tested materials so they're a standard. Any rendering app out there willing to use them will use the same data. Perhaps they only change the extension for the reader each program develops.
http://www.astro.uni-jena.de/Laboratory/OCDB/oxsul.html
they're lab-tested materials so they're a standard. Any rendering app out there willing to use them will use the same data. Perhaps they only change the extension for the reader each program develops.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800 @3.6ghz, 32GB ddr4 3200 mhz Ram, Nvidia RTX 3060 12GB, Win10, Blender/Sketchup/Modo/Cinema4d