old XML scatter code

General questions about Indigo, the scene format, rendering etc...
Post Reply
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
User avatar
CTZn
Posts: 7240
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:34 pm
Location: Paris, France

old XML scatter code

Post by CTZn » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:47 am

Hi, I only have UID based scatter code available, is there an old XML implementation and if so could I have got an example please ?
obsolete asset

User avatar
CTZn
Posts: 7240
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:34 pm
Location: Paris, France

Re: old XML scatter code

Post by CTZn » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:58 pm

at the time I posted the above I could get nothing but crashes until I used SU for a reference. Now I think that the implementation has been oriented toward a specific use and might gain in robustness in the future. Despite indigo saying otherwise I am raisonnably certain that nothing did show up on my 256km square terrain, even though the create shader was using the reduced snow surface for spawning. Using a low density of course. May I know better ?
obsolete asset

User avatar
CTZn
Posts: 7240
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:34 pm
Location: Paris, France

Re: old XML scatter code

Post by CTZn » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:54 am

I got it to work with hand editing, hadn't had to use external meshes in years and I must now address the seemingly usual issue of linking materials to their sub components.

can the density be shader driven ? Using advanced scattering techniques is the next logical step for me, I feel in trouble in this regard. Thank you. This thread may be moved if that is relevant.
obsolete asset

Post Reply
3 posts • Page 1 of 1