Dear all,
For some shaders, such as colors, it is possible to use the global coordinates with the vec3 parameter of the eval function. However, it is not possible for bump, as there is no eval(vec3) function but only a eval()
Why such a limitation? Currently, this is limiting one of my work on windows. I want to simulate the deformation of the glass. I would need for this to have access to either an instance id (already discussed) or the global coordinates, to make each window instance unique.
So please, add the vec3 pos parameter to the bump & displacement shaders!
Thanks,
Etienne
Access to global coordinates from bump shaders
Access to global coordinates from bump shaders
Eclat-Digital Research
http://www.eclat-digital.com
http://www.eclat-digital.com
Re: Access to global coordinates from bump shaders
Hi Galinette,
the main reason why bump / displacement shaders can't access the (world space ) position is that the displacement affects the world space position, so you get a kind of feedback loop.
However this can probably be worked around, so will add to TODO list (If it's not there already
)
the main reason why bump / displacement shaders can't access the (world space ) position is that the displacement affects the world space position, so you get a kind of feedback loop.
However this can probably be worked around, so will add to TODO list (If it's not there already
Re: Access to global coordinates from bump shaders
OK... So at least for bump, that should be a quick fix
Etienne
Etienne
Eclat-Digital Research
http://www.eclat-digital.com
http://www.eclat-digital.com
Re: Access to global coordinates from bump shaders
if its not, i would be kind of upset, because i requested it a couple of ties, alreadyOnoSendai wrote:(If it's not there already)
Re: Access to global coordinates from bump shaders
let's do a strike 
May the problematic process be exposed so we may choose together the best way to do it ? I recon that I didn't wrap my head around this myself.
One can't relate evaporation to topological details conveniently, if at all. I'm not fond of using posOS() as the process involves several spaces potentially etc. As galinette said.
May the problematic process be exposed so we may choose together the best way to do it ? I recon that I didn't wrap my head around this myself.
One can't relate evaporation to topological details conveniently, if at all. I'm not fond of using posOS() as the process involves several spaces potentially etc. As galinette said.
obsolete asset
Re: Access to global coordinates from bump shaders
Yeah I'll definitely add that once 3.8 stable is done, remind me then 
- zeitmeister

- Posts: 2010
- Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:11 am
- Location: Limburg/Lahn, Germany
- Contact:
Re: Access to global coordinates from bump shaders
Me too... 
Cheers, zeiti
Cheers, zeiti
Cheers, David
DAVIDGUDELIUS // 3D.PORTFOLIO
·
Indigo 4.4.15 | Indigo for C4D 4.4.13.1 | C4D R23 | Mac OS X 10.13.6 | Windows 10 Professional x64
DAVIDGUDELIUS // 3D.PORTFOLIO
·
Indigo 4.4.15 | Indigo for C4D 4.4.13.1 | C4D R23 | Mac OS X 10.13.6 | Windows 10 Professional x64

