It would be cool to have some sort of realistic lens-flare effects implemented into indigo, without having to add them in post processing. I'm not sure this has been requested before, if it has, sorry.
Effect that I am talking about, image by Tolas using Fryrender.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/94181/static/RB_contest_1/2.jpg
Lens Flare effects.
Re: Lens Flare effects.
aperture diffraction (and obstacle map) maybe? that what ur looking for?
- Attachments
-
- sun_ap_diff_obstacle_map.jpg (206.12 KiB) Viewed 10299 times
Re: Lens Flare effects.
Sorry for the useless thread, feel free to delete.
Re: Lens Flare effects.
No, other newbies like me can learn from this! I think the forum is the best source of info for beginners after the manual(s) - it's the wide spectrum of questions and answers that makes it invaluable.Godzilla wrote:wow I never realized Indigo was capable of such effects... I've heard obstacle maps mentioned, but never bothered to learn what it was, and it happened to be exactly what i've been looking for.
Thanks Fused!
Sorry for the useless thread, feel free to delete.
Re: Lens Flare effects.
rendigo wrote:No, other newbies like me can learn from this! I think the forum is the best source of info for beginners after the manual(s) - it's the wide spectrum of questions and answers that makes it invaluable.Godzilla wrote:wow I never realized Indigo was capable of such effects... I've heard obstacle maps mentioned, but never bothered to learn what it was, and it happened to be exactly what i've been looking for.
Thanks Fused!
Sorry for the useless thread, feel free to delete.
Yes I suppose you're right. Would someone care to write a quick tutorial on how to achieve such an effect as Fused did? I'm still a little puzzled on how obstacle maps work, and I was unable to find anything very useful in the Documentation section.
Re: Lens Flare effects.
higher f-stop = more aperture diffraction.
obstacle map simulates dirt on the lense (dust, hairs, whatever), and makes the ap. diff. more awesome.
obstacle map simulates dirt on the lense (dust, hairs, whatever), and makes the ap. diff. more awesome.
Re: Lens Flare effects.
Mmh, I'm pushing the trigger a bit: how about those ?
Is this doable, and what could be the plausible impact on rendering ressources, Ono ? I guess controlling this could be rather complex if one was to specify the lenses rig etc, sounds totally fastidious unless presets are available.
Is this doable, and what could be the plausible impact on rendering ressources, Ono ? I guess controlling this could be rather complex if one was to specify the lenses rig etc, sounds totally fastidious unless presets are available.
obsolete asset

