Black Images

Feature requests, bug reports and related discussion
Post Reply
11 posts • Page 1 of 1
Vendetta
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:34 am

Black Images

Post by Vendetta » Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:46 am

I just downloaded Indigo and am struggling to use it. So far I have been unsuccessful. Here are two of my attempts. The monkey was rendered in Blender and Indigo, and the vase was rendered in Yafray and Indigo.

Both the pictures assign a black, non reflective material to things I don't want. Why is this?
Attachments
Monkey.jpg
Monkey.jpg (9.83 KiB) Viewed 4163 times
Monkey Render.png
Monkey Render.png (444.88 KiB) Viewed 4163 times
im1174454741.png
im1174454741.png (15.95 KiB) Viewed 4163 times
Vase2.jpg
Vase2.jpg (4.28 KiB) Viewed 4163 times

User avatar
Stur
Posts: 594
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:52 pm
Location: Nancy, France

Post by Stur » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:07 am

Hi !

Which version of Indigo and which exporter did you use ?
And what kind of lighting did you set ?

Vendetta
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:34 am

Post by Vendetta » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:09 am

I'm using Indigo 0.6. I downloaded it from the Stable Releases page. I set up one sun lamp, 15 degrees left of the camera, pointed at the subjects. I used the v0.6beta3 exporter.

User avatar
Kram1032
Posts: 6649
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:55 am
Location: Austria near Vienna

Post by Kram1032 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:57 am

This looks really strange...
Now, the new indigo version (atm 0.7.5 soonish 0.7.6)
is already easier to use, than 0.6, 'cause of the better exporters...
try 0.7.5 ;) It's quite stable, I never had a problem with it, yet (except 'cause of my fault) and blendigo is really helpful :D

Did you use thick materials? (especially the vase)
and did you use phong, or specular?
I recomend you, to use phong, as both the vase and suzanne don't seem to be transparent in the other two renders ;)

(you can set it up, by don't using Raymirrior or Raytrans, but quite a high Specularity ;)

Vendetta
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:34 am

Post by Vendetta » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:19 pm

I can't find 0.7.6 exporter. And I couldn't find 0.7.5, so I downloaded .7 test 4. I tried with .6 exporter with .7 test 4 and got a fatal error pretty quickly.

User avatar
Kram1032
Posts: 6649
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:55 am
Location: Austria near Vienna

Post by Kram1032 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:50 pm

wait, I'll post the links ;)
Edit1: Indigo 0.7 test 5 test 6 isn't out, yet, it will be there soonish (which can be between one hour and one year ;) Ono doesn't want to even a very blurry "about" :()

Edit2: Violet tonemapper It's a new feature for 0.7 test 5!
It's a post work tonemapper, so, that you can refine many things :D
Just read throug the Thread, to get more infos ;)

Edit3: Newest Blendigo exporter read through the whole first post, to find out, what may is wrong ;)
You don't just need a python script, but some additional stuff. You can find all the stuff on the page ;)

(Check the attachment: Is there just one file (a .py)? Then you have to look for the rest in the same post....)
Last edited by Kram1032 on Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
CTZn
Posts: 7240
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:34 pm
Location: Paris, France

Post by CTZn » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:57 am

Edit2: Violet tonemapper It's a new feature for 0.7 test 5!
It's a post work tonemapper, so, that you can refine many things
...and hopefully fix your problem. Aren't you using linear tonemapping ?

Vendetta
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:34 am

Post by Vendetta » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:55 pm

I have no idea what kind of tonemapping I'm using. That's how n00b I am. Interestingly enough, I tried another render with the setup I described earlier. The image showed steady improvement for the first 3 hours, then got worse/stayed the same for the next 7. What could be the reason for this?
Attachments
3h 4m 44s.png
3h 4m 44s.png (563.17 KiB) Viewed 4025 times
9h 17m 6s.png
9h 17m 6s.png (474.44 KiB) Viewed 4025 times

Vendetta
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:34 am

Post by Vendetta » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:40 pm

I can't get Blendigo to work. Either IndigoWrapper.conf is in the proper folder, and the exporter won't run, or I remove IndigoWrapper, and the exporter will open but it won't do anything.

User avatar
Stur
Posts: 594
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:52 pm
Location: Nancy, France

Post by Stur » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:15 pm

Did you edit IndigoWrapper.conf with notepad to set your path to indigo.exe ?

User avatar
Kram1032
Posts: 6649
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:55 am
Location: Austria near Vienna

Post by Kram1032 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:06 pm

maybe, this helps...
Blendigo Tutorial

Post Reply
11 posts • Page 1 of 1