Indigo for Realsoft?

Feature requests, bug reports and related discussion
Post Reply
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
Payne
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:40 am

Indigo for Realsoft?

Post by Payne » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:50 am

Hi!

I'm new to this community, but I've already heared about Indigo some weeks ago. I like the good quality and the great realism of Indigo renderings and I want to use Indigo, too. But I'm working with "Realsoft 3d 5.1" (Version 6 will be released in a few weeks :) ) and I don't want to change to another program (I tried max and c4d, but if you campare them with Realsoft, it's not mare then rubbish :-P )...

So here is my question:
Can I use Indigo with Realsoft 3d?

How does Indigo work? Do you have to build your scene in Maya for example and then export it into an Indigo compartible file format?
Or does it work like a plugin?

I'm sorry for mistakes (my english teacher won't be proud of me, when he reads this..)

cheers, greetings from germany!
Jan

btw: when you don't know Realsoft, these links will help:
http://realsoft.fi
http://3ddart.org

User avatar
Kram1032
Posts: 6649
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:55 am
Location: Austria near Vienna

Post by Kram1032 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:57 am

if Realsoft can export .obj, you can use any other app for it ;)
.obj -> Maya, Max, C4D (I think), Blender, Sketchup...
There are exporter-plugins/scripts for those apps.
If you want an Exporter from Realsoft, you have to write your own, or find one guy, that can do it for you, but I guess, export + import is the best way.

Payne
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:40 am

Post by Payne » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:34 am

yessss... thats great :)

Realsoft supports .obj

But what about textures and lights?
Can I place them in Indigo?

thanks for your quick reply!

User avatar
Kram1032
Posts: 6649
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:55 am
Location: Austria near Vienna

Post by Kram1032 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:43 am

you can place them in indigo, yes....
Depends on which exporter you're using...
some aren't 100% finished.

I'm a blender user ;)
Blendigo works great:
It will automatically start the render with lower prior, so that you can still do anything else
AND on every material, there are slots for different textures, that you can use.
Albedo (Diffuse)
Exponent (Sharpness of Reflections)
and Bump (I don't have to explain, I guess)


dunno the other exporters

Payne
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:40 am

Post by Payne » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:24 am

okay

I just downloaded indigo and tried to render some scenes... it's very (!!) difficult for me to give all commands via xml files, it didn't work to add a .3ds file of a guy which i made in realsoft. I thaught that indigo has a graphical interface, so i have to ask the realsoft- programmer freaks for help. i'm not good in such thinks...

cheers,
Jan

User avatar
Kram1032
Posts: 6649
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:55 am
Location: Austria near Vienna

Post by Kram1032 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:24 am

if I understood you correctly, you actually have Max and C4D...
Max has (maybe not correct anymore, dunno), the 2nd best developed .xml (or now .igs) exporter of all the apps ;)

You really should just import and export ;)

Payne
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:40 am

Post by Payne » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:31 am

no, I don't have them ;) i tried them, that means that I downloaded demos of the latest versions.

and i want to work with realsoft, not with max or c4d, blender or houdini, or what ever comes to your mind :)

cya
Jan

User avatar
Kram1032
Posts: 6649
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:55 am
Location: Austria near Vienna

Post by Kram1032 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:34 am

You wont work with those, except importing, defining materials, exporting...
But okay... It's your desicion ;)

User avatar
CTZn
Posts: 7240
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:34 pm
Location: Paris, France

Post by CTZn » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:24 pm

I saw Realsoft has an API, so yes an exporter could be coded...

Or just create the geometries, export them, then learn how the materials are coded and assigned into xml/igs, that's quite easy (see example scenes). I've done that for almost every scene, the exporter was just giving me a layout to start with !
obsolete asset

Post Reply
9 posts • Page 1 of 1