The Patio

Show off your final renders
Post Reply
12 posts • Page 1 of 1
enricocerica
Indigo 100
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:26 pm

The Patio

Post by enricocerica » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:51 pm

I tested the 0.7 test 7 with a scene I already tried to render without success, I'm quite satisfied with the result. I had to render it twice, once with Bidir and once without otherwise the curtains on the left side were very dark with Bidir (I used SSS on them).

Edit : Rendering took about 7h (Bidir version), I used neat image to remove the noise

C&C are welcome

Image

Image
Last edited by enricocerica on Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

mrCarnivore
Posts: 517
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:20 am
Location: Stuttgart, Germany

Post by mrCarnivore » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:14 pm

BiDir doesn't work with sss??? :shock:

Nice scene! Very mixed architecture. Is it a render of an existing building, a architectural visualization of things to come or did you just think of it?

User avatar
manitwo
Posts: 1029
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:50 am
Location: Tirol - Austria

Post by manitwo » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:13 pm

very, very nice picture enricocerica - but you know that :P
one thing that bothers me is the noise. if you saved an igi you could resume
the render and let it cook some hours more. :wink:

User avatar
Stur
Posts: 594
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:52 pm
Location: Nancy, France

Post by Stur » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:24 pm

I wouldn't like to be the glass cleaner in your house, but it's a nice picture ! :)

The curtains are odd by the way, maybe too transparent ?

User avatar
Kram1032
Posts: 6649
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:55 am
Location: Austria near Vienna

Post by Kram1032 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:26 am

yes, much glass :D
Looks great!
SSS should work with BiDir, as long as you're using 0.7.6 or 0.7.7 ;)
Last edited by Kram1032 on Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

StompinTom
Indigo 100
Posts: 1828
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:33 pm

Post by StompinTom » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:04 pm

nice interior! it would be nice to see a bit of the exterior urban landscape instead of a void though.
looks like the even lighting is a result of using daylight and artificial lighting at the same time. the daylight naturally is a much more diffuse light.
try rendering the same scene, except with a black background. might be more along the lines of what Radiance is talking about.

enricocerica
Indigo 100
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:26 pm

Post by enricocerica » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:06 pm

Thanks to all,

@mrCarnivore: It's not a existing architecture, just something I imagined.

@Manitwo: I will start a new render and I'll try saving in igi to resume it later.

@Kram1032: You are right, SSS and Bidir seem to work with the 0.7.7 I used but the result is very dark and I can't achieve the translucent result I whould like.

@Radiance: Yeah, I used your technic for the lamp over the table. I will extend it to the spots and render the scen without sun light.

@StompinTom: You are right, this is a daylight scene and the combination with the spots does not provide a nice lighting fx. I should probably render it with sun or with spots but not with both.

User avatar
Kram1032
Posts: 6649
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:55 am
Location: Austria near Vienna

Post by Kram1032 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:33 pm

you have to use very low SSScoefficients....
0.01 or so ;)

enricocerica
Indigo 100
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:26 pm

Post by enricocerica » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:16 am

Hi,

I updated the post with a new day version and a night one.

@kram1032 : I used 0.01 without success :cry: I finally postprocessed it with Gimp.

User avatar
OnoSendai
Developer
Posts: 6244
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:16 pm
Location: Wellington, NZ
Contact:

Post by OnoSendai » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:49 am

Night version is fantastic enricocerica!
And day version looks better I think (bit less noisy?)

User avatar
Kram1032
Posts: 6649
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:55 am
Location: Austria near Vienna

Post by Kram1032 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:05 am

that looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO great!!!!!! :D :D

User avatar
Camox
2nd Place Winner
Posts: 587
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:28 am
Location: Berlin Germany
Contact:

Post by Camox » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:27 am

:shock: WOW, that looks very smart. Nice building and the light setup i think its ok. Great work ! :wink:

Post Reply
12 posts • Page 1 of 1