Antonis777

My dream kitchen

Post by Antonis777 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:30 am

Attachments
Κουζίνα.jpg

CTZn

Re: My dream kitchen

Post by CTZn » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:50 am

Hi Antonis, the realisation is really good !

I'm certain that photographers would recommend a shot from a slightly greater height, closer to the observer's eyes, and in a way that would reaveal surfaces instead of blending them into depthless lines. Avoiding ambiguities, that is :)

Besides there's nothing I can add, again nice work !
obsolete asset

Antonis777

Post by Antonis777 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:25 pm

Thanks a lot! I think you 're right, I usually prefer my renderings to contain all my objects in one shot and that's a bit hasty...!

Antonis777

Post by Antonis777 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:45 am

Updated
Attachments
Κουζίνα.jpg

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:36 am

Awesome detailing work! Looks very inviting. The render currently is kind of dark, so it's rather hard to see all the work that you've put into it. I took the freedom to play around a bit with it in PS, hope you don't mind?

What I did was:

1. Colour Balance - to reduce the green/yellow tint that was present in the original image. My tip is to try to tweak the colour balance until surfaces you want to be neutrally gray or white (like the walls or the fruit bowl) are close to desaturated (check with Photoshop's colour picker).

2. Shadows/highlights - to try and recover the details in the areas that I thought looked too dark. This reveals a lot of noise that's often present in the darker parts of the image though, and if you overdo it, the image can lose its dynamics and look unnatural. An alternative could be saving the image with a less contrasty tone mapping.

3. Some additional brightening using curves.

4. A slight sharpening filter (personal preference). Again, this makes the noise slightly more noticeable.

Hope this helps. :)
Attachments
%CE%9A%CE%BF%CF%85%CE%B6%CE%AF%CE%BD%CE%B1 copy.jpg

Antonis777

Post by Antonis777 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:49 pm

Nice try my friend it revealed the details a lot. I'm thinking though of rerendering with more wall openings for natural results because it took 72 hours to clean...

6 posts • Page 1 of 1