Another cornellbox
Another cornellbox
My first ever cornellbox test. The fluid is baked with resolution 100, subsurfed one time and normal smoothed. It is rendered for a little more than 12 hours.
- Attachments
-
- fluid1.png (967.79 KiB) Viewed 4463 times
Hi Olis,
Not sure I'm correct but that looks like a simple surface, if that's the case extrude the borber edges vertically through the floor and close the bottom. You may need to separate the sim surface from the downside box (of watter) in order to preserve normals, smooth for the top and hard for the "body" of the volume. Get me ? Or I'm wrong, you already did a volume out of it...
Not sure I'm correct but that looks like a simple surface, if that's the case extrude the borber edges vertically through the floor and close the bottom. You may need to separate the sim surface from the downside box (of watter) in order to preserve normals, smooth for the top and hard for the "body" of the volume. Get me ? Or I'm wrong, you already did a volume out of it...
obsolete asset
Oh, ok. However in the image the front part looks clipped, maybe it's an optical illusion... In fact I have not the sensation that refraction is occuring beneath the perturbed surface, maybe you could do a test by adding an oblical stick through the water down to the floor...It is actually a volume.
Dunno, I'm not convinced for now, I need to see that stick
But still, the sim is good and the image quite clean
obsolete asset
After changing the simulation scale in the domain options, everything is much slower. The simulation itself does not take longer to compute it is just that the fluid is heavier. The image in the first post had the simulation scale set to 0.03 which is the default. The frame I've rendered is the second one in the simulation. When the simulation scale set to 2.00, it takes much longer for the icosphere of liquid to fall down. I baked this one with the resolution 150 and this is what it looks like after 30 frames:
I think I have to bake it at least 60 frames so that it has enough time to get to the splash, because it is what I want to render.
I think I have to bake it at least 60 frames so that it has enough time to get to the splash, because it is what I want to render.
- Attachments
-
- fluid ui2.png (308.3 KiB) Viewed 4316 times