Show off your final renders
-
hafunui
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:56 pm
Post
by hafunui » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:27 pm
Just testing sss in indigo07 test 5/6.

Rendered it for 73 hours. Lit with hdr.

Tried to simulate plastic.

An early test of mine. I think i'll redo this one.

still rendering. 23 hours.

Another 70 hour render
-
manitwo
- Posts: 1029
- Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:50 am
- Location: Tirol - Austria
Post
by manitwo » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:18 pm
WOW
you have done some great tests!
last one is beautiful

-
Kosmokrator
- Posts: 1141
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:52 am
- Location: Greece-Athens
Post
by Kosmokrator » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:30 pm
damn..the plastic polyhedra is so real.......great tests!this is the power of indigo!
how many pc u have man and render for so long??
1)Core i7 965XE stock CLOCK ,PSU:CHIEFTEC 850W
M/B ASUS P6T DELUXE,WATERCOOLING ZALMAN RESERATOR 2
MEMORY:6GB CORRSAIR @1600,Ati HD 4870x2,
MONITOR:LG 1950SQ,CASE:THERMALTAKE SOPRANO
-
DaveC
- Posts: 596
- Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:20 am
- Location: The Tottenham, London, UK
-
Contact:
Post
by DaveC » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:46 pm
Excellent tests! Looks like you suceeded with the plastic

-
Camox

- Posts: 587
- Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:28 am
- Location: Berlin Germany
-
Contact:
Post
by Camox » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:20 pm

Very nice tests ! That looks fantastic. 70 hours wooha thats a long time but the results can to be seen be able.

-
DaveC
- Posts: 596
- Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:20 am
- Location: The Tottenham, London, UK
-
Contact:
Post
by DaveC » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:37 pm
@camox: Mind if I watch your avatar while I listen to my music? lol
-
Stur
- Posts: 594
- Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:52 pm
- Location: Nancy, France
Post
by Stur » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:59 pm
Your tests are more beautifull than my non-tests.
I just hate you.
-
CTZn
- Posts: 7240
- Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:34 pm
- Location: Paris, France
Post
by CTZn » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:07 am
Well done hafunui !
Could you please explain to me, that effect I see into the closest sphere in the 5th image (speres with sticks); looks like an anisotropic effect... I have no clue where it comes from but looks interesting...
-
Attachments
-

- it looks like a radial effect, waddya think ?
- anisotropic.jpg (847 Bytes) Viewed 4999 times
obsolete asset
-
hafunui
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:56 pm
Post
by hafunui » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:19 am
CTZn: I really dont know whats happening there. I DID put a sss bard in there, which is an enlongated black ring, ( you can see it at the top) and its extruded to about halfway into the sphere. Maybe its a rendering error.
Kosmokrator: I only have one pc. 2.8Ghz dualcore with 2gbs ram. The trick to long render times is patience really. In the task manager, I set the Indigo.exe prosses PRIORITY to low, so it doesnt hang up my computer while im on it. and when im in bed, it takes up most of the cpu and runs like normal. This way I can still do indigo test renders and only close my main render when I'm ready for another clean one.
And you dont have to pause/resume all the time.
-
Marcofly
- Posts: 407
- Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:51 am
- Location: Köln, Germany
Post
by Marcofly » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:21 am
interesting tests!
it would be nice to organize finally a material database..

-
Kojack
- Posts: 57
- Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:46 pm
- Location: Poland
Post
by Kojack » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:12 am
i always like your tests hafunui. great work
-
Kram1032
- Posts: 6649
- Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:55 am
- Location: Austria near Vienna
Post
by Kram1032 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:34 am

These are great!!!!

:D:D
-
daniel_nieto
- Posts: 173
- Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:45 am
- Location: Ciudad Guzman, Jalisco, México
-
Contact:
Post
by daniel_nieto » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:41 am
would you mind to post the setting you used to get the suzzane's material? or the IGS/XML? please?

From México, Daniel Nieto .·.