I'm not sure how it works when you start in the wip section and move to here. I think it is safe to start a new thread now that it is done. Please let me know if it is considered double posting or something.
Well, the Beach House is finished and here are the renders. They rendered very slow on my AMD Barton 2.1ghz processor so I am sorry they don't look better.
There are some <normal> problems that showed up after turning on normal smoothing. I did not catch these soon enough to stop the render so you will notice them around the deck chairs and the lamps.
The night version has ten lamps total, six outside and four inside. I wanted to light up the deck better at night but I guess I did not use enough lights.
Something I don't remember from Indigo 0.6 is that in the night scene here, the indirectly lit objects (which is mostly the entire room) were showing what looked like rainbow colors all over them. (you can still see this on the chairs, early in the render it was much worse) No SSS was used in the mediums, (which is all of the glass in the scene) they are only absorbing light to get their color and not scattering.
In Indigo 0.6 this night scene came together as white light and no rainbow colors. I had an image not too long ago still on my hard drive, it had 970 mutations per pixel and was lit up white but just noisy. I don't have that image now but I hope I explained it good enough. This isn't the exact same scene, of course, since materials changed from 0.6 to 0.7.
Final Day and Night Beach House Scenes
Final Day and Night Beach House Scenes
- Attachments
-
- Beach House Day
- Beach House Day.jpg (367.71 KiB) Viewed 3037 times
-
- Beach House Night
- Beach House Night.jpg (429.13 KiB) Viewed 3037 times
Last edited by Wedge on Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Content contained in my posts is for informational purposes only and is used at your own risk.
Thanks for the offer zsouthboy but I think I'll leave this on my small list of reasons to get a new computer. I am thinking maybe in second half of 2008, I will assume by then the systems will be using:
quad core cpu (octal core being made high end at this time)
4gb ram
that ver 2 of the new pci slots...what are those called? pci express?
dual hdmi connectors on all 3d cards (or dvi as long as they have that hdtv security so your computer can be a home theater)
64 bit os fully supported and now the every day os
those new hard drives that use flash memory or whatever it is...solid state drives? (no more old school hard drives)
big slow 120 mm +++ size cooling fans the norm for 3d cards and cpus to keep computers cool and quiet!
Maybe the above is only a future look now, but I don't plan on upgrading until the list above is the normal priced computer.
I was hoping to render them longer, but at 28,000 spp for the day and half that (14,000 spp) for the night version...I think it would take ...maybe a week or two 24/7? I'm not sure... When I noticed the deck did not light up the way I wanted it to and that there were some normal problems that showed up after turning on smoothing I couldn't find the reason to keep on rendering them. I just tried the day scene with Indigo 7t7 and bidir but it is not rendering right.
Kram: Can you spot the lcd tv?
quad core cpu (octal core being made high end at this time)
4gb ram
that ver 2 of the new pci slots...what are those called? pci express?
dual hdmi connectors on all 3d cards (or dvi as long as they have that hdtv security so your computer can be a home theater)
64 bit os fully supported and now the every day os
those new hard drives that use flash memory or whatever it is...solid state drives? (no more old school hard drives)
big slow 120 mm +++ size cooling fans the norm for 3d cards and cpus to keep computers cool and quiet!
Maybe the above is only a future look now, but I don't plan on upgrading until the list above is the normal priced computer.
I was hoping to render them longer, but at 28,000 spp for the day and half that (14,000 spp) for the night version...I think it would take ...maybe a week or two 24/7? I'm not sure... When I noticed the deck did not light up the way I wanted it to and that there were some normal problems that showed up after turning on smoothing I couldn't find the reason to keep on rendering them. I just tried the day scene with Indigo 7t7 and bidir but it is not rendering right.
Kram: Can you spot the lcd tv?
Content contained in my posts is for informational purposes only and is used at your own risk.
Heh.
Wedge
RE: your future computer:
Agree completely.
In 3Q07, you'll be able to pick up a 4 core ..... core chip for $261
Which means my render farm magically gets twice as fast!
I'm using Core2duos right now.
PCI-E slots aren't so useful, other than for video cards.
HDMI won't be on video cards any time soon - DVI is standard.
64-bit Vista or XP (assuming windows) is already fine, but waiting won't hurt. Drivers can still be a pain to get.
64-bit Linux is already fine.
Don't expect to get solid-state HDDs that soon. Not that they're not available, but they're still $1000 for 32gb
The size of your fans is up to you and your case to decide.
Anyway, this is off topic. Again, great modelling - lots of creativity.
Wedge
RE: your future computer:
Agree completely.
In 3Q07, you'll be able to pick up a 4 core ..... core chip for $261
Which means my render farm magically gets twice as fast!
I'm using Core2duos right now.
PCI-E slots aren't so useful, other than for video cards.
HDMI won't be on video cards any time soon - DVI is standard.
64-bit Vista or XP (assuming windows) is already fine, but waiting won't hurt. Drivers can still be a pain to get.
64-bit Linux is already fine.
Don't expect to get solid-state HDDs that soon. Not that they're not available, but they're still $1000 for 32gb
The size of your fans is up to you and your case to decide.
Anyway, this is off topic. Again, great modelling - lots of creativity.
I scaled down the images a bit smaller to around 800x600. They look a little better now.
Kram: Yes, the tv is reflected in the main glass, right above the table holding the sword and daggers. It is positioned near the center of the back wall. The table holding the tv is similar to the one you can see in the front of the room, except it is more of a rectangle shape, and has lower glass shelves. (for holding devices like dvd players)
I like glass and shiny stuff! Can you tell?
Kram: Yes, the tv is reflected in the main glass, right above the table holding the sword and daggers. It is positioned near the center of the back wall. The table holding the tv is similar to the one you can see in the front of the room, except it is more of a rectangle shape, and has lower glass shelves. (for holding devices like dvd players)
I like glass and shiny stuff! Can you tell?
Content contained in my posts is for informational purposes only and is used at your own risk.