Kitchen
Kitchen
Hey, thats my last work, its done just for fun, to practise Indigo.
- Polinalkrimizei
- Posts: 649
- Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 6:59 am
Re: Kitchen
Hey kscore, welcome!
Thanks for sharing your work.
Very nice style, I really like the color sheme! But I think the ceiling looks to shiny, but that gives it a very cool look
How do you like Indigo? What is usually your renderer of choice?
And please don't hestitate to us some more "practise"
Thanks for sharing your work.
Very nice style, I really like the color sheme! But I think the ceiling looks to shiny, but that gives it a very cool look
How do you like Indigo? What is usually your renderer of choice?
And please don't hestitate to us some more "practise"
Re: Kitchen
Hi
The image is interesting, what are those artifacts indicated by the arrow?
You could add some lights and perhaps make less overexposed outside.
The image is interesting, what are those artifacts indicated by the arrow?
You could add some lights and perhaps make less overexposed outside.
Mac Mini 2011 - 2,3 GHz Intel Core i5
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 - Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 Mb.
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB - MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6
https://www.behance.net/Paolo_Conti
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 - Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 Mb.
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB - MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6
https://www.behance.net/Paolo_Conti
Re: Kitchen
@Polinalkrimizei: Thanks for your comment. Yes, you are right its a little bit to shiny, but I made it for the Look too
For now, I really like the Renderer. The Lightining Setup is easy to handle for me. But at the beginning it took time for me to understand how the Material works. But nice to learn something new. I used Vray for many years. After I found Corona, I worked with it, wich I actually do too. Its pretty fast and easy too. I think the Indigo Renderer, renders more realistic, it takes more time to render, but my goal is too reach maximum realism the most time. So its okay to wait longer to finish the render. I think I will share more practise time by time.
@contegufo: Thanks for your comment. the Artifacts you mean, is a marble texture. I will upload it, so you can use it when you want. The reason why I overexpose outside is, that I see in many Pictures in real Interior Footage, outside is overexposed when the Interior in the same time has a good brightness.
@contegufo: Thanks for your comment. the Artifacts you mean, is a marble texture. I will upload it, so you can use it when you want. The reason why I overexpose outside is, that I see in many Pictures in real Interior Footage, outside is overexposed when the Interior in the same time has a good brightness.
- Oscar J

- Posts: 2204
- Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:47 am
- Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
- 3D Software: Blender
Re: Kitchen
kscore, you are quite correct about the overexposed environment.
The interior looks quite low in contrast - there is potential to utilise much more dynamic range. What camera/tonemapping are you using?
I like the lighting overall, the light enters the room in a natural kind of way. I'm a little unsure about the composition, the angle and cropping makes me unsure what to look at, what the focus is in the image.
The interior looks quite low in contrast - there is potential to utilise much more dynamic range. What camera/tonemapping are you using?
I like the lighting overall, the light enters the room in a natural kind of way. I'm a little unsure about the composition, the angle and cropping makes me unsure what to look at, what the focus is in the image.
Re: Kitchen
When I take photos of interiors for work, I use a flash to light the interior while exposing for the outside to allow the dynamic range to pick up the majority of the image without anything being to over exposed. If you reduce the external exposure and boost the internal, I think it would give a much better exposed image.
Re: Kitchen
Hi
I saw the pictures made with the Corona and they are really nice. I do not think that it is convenient to switch to another rendering engine.
I saw the pictures made with the Corona and they are really nice. I do not think that it is convenient to switch to another rendering engine.
Mac Mini 2011 - 2,3 GHz Intel Core i5
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 - Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 Mb.
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB - MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6
https://www.behance.net/Paolo_Conti
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 - Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 Mb.
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB - MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6
https://www.behance.net/Paolo_Conti
Re: Kitchen
@Oscar J: Hm, maybe you are right about the contrast. I am a fan of natural colors and a normal contrast and brightness. I dont like it to make too much colour correction after the clean rendering. I want to leave it natural as possible. Tone Mapping is "Reinhard" with the standart settings. I think the Focus is the middle section 
@contegufo: Yes, Corona is a good and strong Renderer, but Indigo too, why not. It makes a lot of fun to work and to try different Render Engines.
@contegufo: Yes, Corona is a good and strong Renderer, but Indigo too, why not. It makes a lot of fun to work and to try different Render Engines.
- Oscar J

- Posts: 2204
- Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:47 am
- Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
- 3D Software: Blender
Re: Kitchen
Fair enough.
You might want to try one of the "Camera" tonemappings next time, IMO it gives a more natural light than Reinhard.
Indigo 4 which will hopefully be released soon, will help a lot with the speed problem (if you have a good GPU, that is).
Indigo 4 which will hopefully be released soon, will help a lot with the speed problem (if you have a good GPU, that is).
Re: Kitchen
@Oscar J: Thx, I will try it. Right now I have not a strong Graphics card. Only an old Radeon HD 4850 wich has Opencl and I see no difference in the Rendering Speed when I activate Gpu Rendering. I know this card is too old and has 10 Cores
But i will definitly put a strong Card in my System to use the extra speed.
@DanJ: I use Flash Lights sometimes in Interior Scenes. That looks more realistic, but not to strong. Thx for your comment and advice,
@DanJ: I use Flash Lights sometimes in Interior Scenes. That looks more realistic, but not to strong. Thx for your comment and advice,
Re: Kitchen
Hi, just hinting you at a simple material I made; the texture you are using is looking better of course.
http://www.indigorenderer.com/materials/materials/1092
http://www.indigorenderer.com/materials/materials/1092
obsolete asset
Re: Kitchen
@CTZn: Thank you very much for this material, looks very usefull.
- zeitmeister

- Posts: 2010
- Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:11 am
- Location: Limburg/Lahn, Germany
- Contact:
Re: Kitchen
Fantastic material!!!
Cheers, zeiti
Cheers, zeiti
Cheers, David
DAVIDGUDELIUS // 3D.PORTFOLIO
·
Indigo 4.4.15 | Indigo for C4D 4.4.13.1 | C4D R23 | Mac OS X 10.13.6 | Windows 10 Professional x64
DAVIDGUDELIUS // 3D.PORTFOLIO
·
Indigo 4.4.15 | Indigo for C4D 4.4.13.1 | C4D R23 | Mac OS X 10.13.6 | Windows 10 Professional x64