Chronicles of Humanity - Animated Scifi

Show off your final renders
Post Reply
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
Darth_Angelus
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:32 am

Chronicles of Humanity - Animated Scifi

Post by Darth_Angelus » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:41 am

[*]First time posting here, although I've been lurking for the last few months. I started using Indigo a few months back when it came included with iClone to produce episodes for my animated science fiction webseries.

I'm still learning to use both pieces of software but I couldn't help notice there aren't many examples of animation rendered with Indigo, so I wanted to share my first episode here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujaxKz23grw

And of course, the poster.

Image

User avatar
CTZn
Posts: 7240
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:34 pm
Location: Paris, France

Re: Chronicles of Humanity - Animated Scifi

Post by CTZn » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:09 am

I just learned what iClone was for the matter, and that it can use Indigo indeed; I'm loosing my basics.

This video was rendered with iClone internal renderer isn't it ? Lighting seems consistent with real-time quality, I'm hoping I'm not mistaking.
obsolete asset

User avatar
Oscar J
1st Place Winner
Posts: 2204
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:47 am
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
3D Software: Blender

Re: Chronicles of Humanity - Animated Scifi

Post by Oscar J » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:30 am

Nah, this is definitely Indigo. This must have taken a while to render to say the least?

Darth_Angelus
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:32 am

Re: Chronicles of Humanity - Animated Scifi

Post by Darth_Angelus » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:15 am

Thankyou both for watching!

Most of the scenes were rendered with Indigo, it's only the space footage that was rendered with iClone's default renderer.

It must have taken about a month to render everything, longer if you count the time it takes to animate the scenes as well. After a lot of experimentation, I was able to get it down to 49 seconds per frame in most cases, although some shots required more.

User avatar
Oscar J
1st Place Winner
Posts: 2204
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:47 am
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
3D Software: Blender

Re: Chronicles of Humanity - Animated Scifi

Post by Oscar J » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:46 am

Render time should be a looooot quicker once 4.0 comes around. If iClone maintains the exporter that is, from what I've heard it hasn't really been well received.

User avatar
CTZn
Posts: 7240
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:34 pm
Location: Paris, France

Re: Chronicles of Humanity - Animated Scifi

Post by CTZn » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:14 am

Darth_Angelus wrote:Most of the scenes were rendered with Indigo, it's only the space footage that was rendered with iClone's default renderer.
I'm sorry I thought otherwise, I was beaten at my own game :)
obsolete asset

Darth_Angelus
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:32 am

Re: Chronicles of Humanity - Animated Scifi

Post by Darth_Angelus » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:14 am

Oscar J wrote:Render time should be a looooot quicker once 4.0 comes around. If iClone maintains the exporter that is, from what I've heard it hasn't really been well received.
I'm very much looking forward to 4.0 and I think that will make Indigo more popular with the iClone community. The biggest complaint there seems to be the render time. I must either have a lot of patience or just be crazy ;)

CTZn wrote:
Darth_Angelus wrote:Most of the scenes were rendered with Indigo, it's only the space footage that was rendered with iClone's default renderer.
I'm sorry I thought otherwise, I was beaten at my own game :)
I'd be interested to see what you do :)

User avatar
CTZn
Posts: 7240
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:34 pm
Location: Paris, France

Re: Chronicles of Humanity - Animated Scifi

Post by CTZn » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:12 am

Darth_Angelus wrote:
CTZn wrote:
Darth_Angelus wrote:Most of the scenes were rendered with Indigo, it's only the space footage that was rendered with iClone's default renderer.
I'm sorry I thought otherwise, I was beaten at my own game :)
I'd be interested to see what you do :)
Not much anymore, and certainly not character animation :) I have a WIP thread featuring my taste for experimental stuff, and have maintained for an extent of time an hermetic exporter for Maya. This image sums up my most prominent work with the Indigo shading language (Winter).

I'm sorry I wondered at first whether your post was from a spambot :oops: I found the grid pattern in shadows very odd, is it genuine Indigo sampling or a denoiser ?

I'll be glad to be among the ones to help you with shading (with random success).
obsolete asset

Post Reply
8 posts • Page 1 of 1