Simple Renderings Thread

Get feedback from others on your works in progress
User avatar
Phr0stByte
Posts: 395
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:07 am
Location: Centreville, VA
Contact:

Re: Simple Renderings Thread

Post by Phr0stByte » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:52 am

That sheet would make a top notch curtain...

User avatar
CTZn
Posts: 7240
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:34 pm
Location: Paris, France

Re: Simple Renderings Thread

Post by CTZn » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:42 pm

Neo: the diffuse component is high for a metal, it's more like some polymeric material rather, varnished PVC or something. Why not try specular reflectivity too for the first phong ? But it's futuristic yes !


Nice cloth sim Polinalkrimizei !
obsolete asset

neo0.
Posts: 1784
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:11 am
Location: the US of A

Re: Simple Renderings Thread

Post by neo0. » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:39 pm

Well, I thought it looked interesting.. I might even upload it.

neo0.
Posts: 1784
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:11 am
Location: the US of A

Re: Simple Renderings Thread

Post by neo0. » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:56 am

Image

In other news, im dead tired and I have class in 5 minutes..

User avatar
Polinalkrimizei
Posts: 649
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 6:59 am

Re: Simple Renderings Thread

Post by Polinalkrimizei » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:47 am

Nothing too fancy here, just a 7-cm-diameter diamond... 8)
Mat is from WytRaven (please correct me if I'm wrong!!!) and can be found in the matdb.

Having trouble with tonemapping atm, original render is just too blue and pale... any suggestions? Good settings?
Attachments
Diamant5_filtered.jpg
Diamant5_filtered.jpg (112.27 KiB) Viewed 4795 times
Diamant3_filtered.jpg
Diamant3_filtered.jpg (107.89 KiB) Viewed 4797 times

neo0.
Posts: 1784
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:11 am
Location: the US of A

Re: Simple Renderings Thread

Post by neo0. » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:48 am

Off topic : Would the ability to save and upload tone mapping presets to the indigo website make sense?

User avatar
WytRaven
Indigo 100
Posts: 905
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:24 pm
Location: Dubbo, Australia
Contact:

Re: Simple Renderings Thread

Post by WytRaven » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:23 pm

Polinalkrimizei wrote:Mat is from WytRaven (please correct me if I'm wrong!!!) and can be found in the matdb.
If it's the one uploaded by cpfresh and commented on by me then yes it's mine. In fact Ben can you delete that mat and I'll upload a new one so as to be sure that it is the latest version. Right now if I wanted to change something or upload a new version I would not be able to as it is "owned" by cpfresh.
:idea: "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds..." - Emerson 1841

dmn
3rd Place Winner
Posts: 243
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:42 pm

Re: Simple Renderings Thread

Post by dmn » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:19 am

@Polinalkrimizei: Use a lower blackbody temperature light source and whitepoint somewhere between D50-D75?
Attachments
WB.jpg
white balance and blackbody temperature
WB.jpg (95.18 KiB) Viewed 4682 times

User avatar
cpfresh
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:20 pm
Location: California, USA
Contact:

Re: Simple Renderings Thread

Post by cpfresh » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:02 am

that diamond looks fantastic.

@WytRaven: I deleted the old diamond material as per your request.

User avatar
matsta
Posts: 730
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:50 am
Location: 127.0.0.1

Re: Simple Renderings Thread

Post by matsta » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:10 am

my latest simple texturing exercise

Image

User avatar
Polinalkrimizei
Posts: 649
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 6:59 am

Re: Simple Renderings Thread

Post by Polinalkrimizei » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:26 am

@dmn: Wow, thanks, that is a great reference. Definitely gonna use it in my renders, I just never really experimented with that. Just accepted that there are many settings. Gonna have to do a lot of testrenders now... :wink:

@cpfresh: Thanks!

@matsta: haha, I don't remember another book render here at the forums! Bur I can't read the title... :(

User avatar
Polinalkrimizei
Posts: 649
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 6:59 am

Re: Simple Renderings Thread

Post by Polinalkrimizei » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:41 am

Yeah!!
Above this you are witnessing reply no. 1000! 8)

User avatar
WytRaven
Indigo 100
Posts: 905
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:24 pm
Location: Dubbo, Australia
Contact:

Re: Simple Renderings Thread

Post by WytRaven » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:56 am

cpfresh wrote:that diamond looks fantastic.

@WytRaven: I deleted the old diamond material as per your request.
Thanks cpfresh. I'll re-upload tonite.
:idea: "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds..." - Emerson 1841

User avatar
SmartDen
Developer
Posts: 999
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:58 pm
Location: Canary Islands
Contact:

Re: Simple Renderings Thread

Post by SmartDen » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:33 pm

Motion blur tests
Attachments
test_cmoblur.jpg
test_cmoblur.jpg (60.56 KiB) Viewed 4591 times
Check normals, dude!

Image
Image

User avatar
Polinalkrimizei
Posts: 649
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 6:59 am

Re: Simple Renderings Thread

Post by Polinalkrimizei » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:26 am

This is a prop I made for a new scene.
It is about 30cm high in real life (I gave one to my girlfriend) so you could call it !!ALARM!!clock, cause it is really noisy.
working more seriously on the mats right now. I am thinking about a pink kind of carpaint. Comments welcome! :)
@smartDen: Cool! Looks promising! Can't wait to have it in blendigo!!
Attachments
im1246226380.png
im1246226380.png (823.42 KiB) Viewed 4364 times

Post Reply
4421 posts