Simple Renderings Thread

Get feedback from others on your works in progress
BbB
Posts: 1996
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:28 am
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Post by BbB » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:48 am

Maybe create various textures from n shaders and composite them (the textures) together
I was thinking about that, but right now I've using a tiling texture for the crust so I don't think I can make it work that way...
Mmmmh, thinking, thinking...

User avatar
Borgleader
Posts: 2149
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:48 am

Post by Borgleader » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:56 am

I just got this crazy image of "indigo research groups" finding the best way to create realistic textures for this and that :lol: dont mind me

User avatar
Kram1032
Posts: 6649
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:55 am
Location: Austria near Vienna

Post by Kram1032 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:19 am

Well, soon that will be possible to some extend, shaped as a thread (which might be labelled so), where ppl try to code some procedural example-shaders :D

If the scripting is free enough, Indigo wont be limited to the brownian noise procedural but to an infinite amount of procedurals, just limited by ppls imagination and/or programming-skills and/or knowledge in maths :)

We already saw that at least a sine-shader is easily doable :) (Ok, we didn't see the code but I guess it's pretty simple...) [Ono didn't even add the code on the deviant-art-post...]


Ok, don't mind me either xD

MSUdom5
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:04 am
Location: Mississippi, USA
Contact:

Post by MSUdom5 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:11 am

I'm very new to the world of 3D modeling. Downloaded and started using Blender and Indigo earlier this month, and I'm impressed with the amount of user support all over the web. These forums have been extremely helpful. Thanks everyone. :)

A couple of simple renderings:
Attachments
pencils.jpg
pencils.jpg (33.71 KiB) Viewed 4788 times
cheetos.jpg
cheetos.jpg (28.93 KiB) Viewed 4789 times

User avatar
zsouthboy
Posts: 1395
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:12 am

Post by zsouthboy » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:07 am

Hey those cheetos look great!

MSUdom5
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:04 am
Location: Mississippi, USA
Contact:

Post by MSUdom5 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:59 am

Thanks zsouthboy. The cheeto mesh is a bit too perfect to be realistic, but I'm happy with the texture. It's the first texture I've created from scratch. Not a major accomplishment by expert modeler standards, but I was proud of the way it turned out. :D
Attachments
im1217283151.jpg
im1217283151.jpg (206.99 KiB) Viewed 4746 times

User avatar
Borgleader
Posts: 2149
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:48 am

Post by Borgleader » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:25 am

Nice :) You could probably use some sort of a clouds map (not UVed evenly) to displace the mesh and make it looks less perfect...or just grab vertices and move them around.

But you knew that.
benn hired a mercenary to kill my sig...

MSUdom5
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:04 am
Location: Mississippi, USA
Contact:

Post by MSUdom5 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:53 pm

Hmm, I'll try that. Thanks borgleader. Question about displacement textures in Indigo: do they modify the actual mesh before rendering? Or do they work like bump maps? Do the number of polygons making up the mesh effect how well the displacement map will work?

MSUdom5
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:04 am
Location: Mississippi, USA
Contact:

Post by MSUdom5 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:54 am

Borgleader, here's the result after applying a displacement map. It seemed to do the trick. I'm learning more everyday. :)
Attachments
im1217377055.jpg
im1217377055.jpg (248.76 KiB) Viewed 4671 times
im1217419830.jpg
im1217419830.jpg (222.91 KiB) Viewed 4664 times

User avatar
Jambert
Indigo 100
Posts: 545
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: France, Lyon

Post by Jambert » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:13 am

Very nice :D

User avatar
Zom-B
1st Place 100
Posts: 4701
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:18 pm
Location: ´'`\_(ò_Ó)_/´'`
Contact:

Post by Zom-B » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:16 am

much better MSUdom5 :D

The only thing missing now is some reflectance on the surface duo to the whole fat this babies got! Maybe a blend between a OrenNayar and Phong material ?!

Finally some SSS effect is needed... hmmm... maybe faking it by using a glossy transparent material, that uses a very subtle noiselike texture for alpha. Now file your mesh with a carload of spheres with different (also overlapping) sizes, and use for the a specular material with higher precedence ior 1 and transparency to simulate air chambers in your cheetos... easy, isn't it :lol:
polygonmanufaktur.de

MSUdom5
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:04 am
Location: Mississippi, USA
Contact:

Post by MSUdom5 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:22 am

Thanks Jambert and ZomB. The air-chamber idea sounds neat. I might try it eventually. However, these are just a small part of a bigger project I'm working on in order to learn blender and indigo.

User avatar
tungee
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:17 pm
Location: Gießen Germany

Post by tungee » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:40 am

Some of my Cinema 4D testrenders:
Big Thanx Fused for the exporter and Ono for the this fantastic renderer!


Image
Music has the right to children!

User avatar
zsouthboy
Posts: 1395
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:12 am

Post by zsouthboy » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:48 am

i love it, but what the hell is that thing? a children's toy? a bankrobber's kit?

User avatar
tungee
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:17 pm
Location: Gießen Germany

Post by tungee » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:04 am

ZSouthboy these are some fantasy random stuff.

some more (:

Image
Music has the right to children!

Post Reply
4421 posts