A few bugs

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
bubs
2nd Place Winner

A few bugs

Post by bubs » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:52 pm

I'm putting these here as they're probably exporter related...

I've noticed a few annoying little thing lately, and sorry I don't have a model I can send, as I've just been fixing as I go, due to crazy deadlines!

1. Some issues with textures inside groups / components - sometimes the exported UV scale defaults to SketchUp's 254 x 254mm despite it being properly scaled. This is very frustrating when you don't notice till you see a finished render...
2. Perhaps related to the above - a similar issue with glass sometimes rendering black if it's within a group (I do have a bump applied normally, so it might be the scaling on this??)
* both of the above can be solved by simply exploding the group and nothing else...
3. If the RGB or Hue / Saturation values of a material are altered with the SketchUp sliders and you have previously exported the scene, the changes made have no effect. The one work-around currently is to rename the texture in question or delete all temp files. (I'm guessing this is related to the export speed improvements)
4. This is similar to above but a long standing issue - when using LinkedIGM - if you export a material and are unhappy with the results, and so alter the original .igm or .pigm unless you manually delete the previous version from the 'Unpacked' folder indigo does not implement the changes.

These are all minor issues, and do not really affect my daily life :lol: so maybe someone can have a look when they get a minute!

Thanks in advance

*edit - oh and one more the Material ID tracer does not work on non-perspective camera. I actually use Indigo for coloured elevations if I've a good model, so it would be great to have this feature!

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Re: A few bugs

Post by Pibuz » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:04 pm

I also noticed some "strange" behaviour when working with dummies and external OBJs: differently from the previous versions, we only get one message about the missing materials: once we proceed with the OK button Indigo will always export the model with the default material (we won't be asked again in the following exports).

Also, differently from the previous versions, we actually have to APPLY materials to the mesh if we want them to be shown in Indigo, while previously it was enough to have them in the sketchup materials panel. This is not necessarily a "bug": I'm only reporting a change to know if you guys wanted it to work this way or not.

bubs
2nd Place Winner

Post by bubs » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:51 am

Another one (I think) it would seem that if you copy a mesh with materials (from another SU model) into your current scene if you alter any of the material values in the Indigo Material Editor all the file paths get lost and you have to re-attach all the image files for diffuse, exponent etc... It seems to renders fine as long as you don't alter anything.

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:12 am

bubs wrote:I'm putting these here as they're probably exporter related...

I've noticed a few annoying little thing lately, and sorry I don't have a model I can send, as I've just been fixing as I go, due to crazy deadlines!

1. Some issues with textures inside groups / components - sometimes the exported UV scale defaults to SketchUp's 254 x 254mm despite it being properly scaled. This is very frustrating when you don't notice till you see a finished render...
2. Perhaps related to the above - a similar issue with glass sometimes rendering black if it's within a group (I do have a bump applied normally, so it might be the scaling on this??)
* both of the above can be solved by simply exploding the group and nothing else...
3. If the RGB or Hue / Saturation values of a material are altered with the SketchUp sliders and you have previously exported the scene, the changes made have no effect. The one work-around currently is to rename the texture in question or delete all temp files. (I'm guessing this is related to the export speed improvements)
4. This is similar to above but a long standing issue - when using LinkedIGM - if you export a material and are unhappy with the results, and so alter the original .igm or .pigm unless you manually delete the previous version from the 'Unpacked' folder indigo does not implement the changes.

These are all minor issues, and do not really affect my daily life :lol: so maybe someone can have a look when they get a minute!

Thanks in advance

*edit - oh and one more the Material ID tracer does not work on non-perspective camera. I actually use Indigo for coloured elevations if I've a good model, so it would be great to have this feature!

Regarding issue 1, if you can send me a .skp showing this problem that would be great.
Same with issue 2.

Issue 3 I just fixed.

I'll look into issue 4.

Material ID tracer is fixed now for non-perspective cameras.

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:26 am

bubs wrote: 4. This is similar to above but a long standing issue - when using LinkedIGM - if you export a material and are unhappy with the results, and so alter the original .igm or .pigm unless you manually delete the previous version from the 'Unpacked' folder indigo does not implement the changes.
This works currently, at least for unpacked IGMs. Is that sufficient?

bubs
2nd Place Winner

Post by bubs » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:19 am

OnoSendai wrote:Regarding issue 1, if you can send me a .skp showing this problem that would be great.
Same with issue 2.

Issue 3 I just fixed.

I'll look into issue 4.

Thanks Ono :D
To be honest I think the first 2 items here were more than likely related to the changing of materials inside groups / components, I just didn't realise it at the time. I'll give the new build a go and hopefully all will be right with the world again! :D

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:30 am

bubs wrote:
OnoSendai wrote:Regarding issue 1, if you can send me a .skp showing this problem that would be great.
Same with issue 2.

Issue 3 I just fixed.

I'll look into issue 4.

Thanks Ono :D
To be honest I think the first 2 items here were more than likely related to the changing of materials inside groups / components, I just didn't realise it at the time. I'll give the new build a go and hopefully all will be right with the world again! :D
Ok, I'm just fixing an issue with external OBJs as well.

bubs
2nd Place Winner

Post by bubs » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:26 am

bubs wrote:Another one (I think) it would seem that if you copy a mesh with materials (from another SU model) into your current scene if you alter any of the material values in the Indigo Material Editor all the file paths get lost and you have to re-attach all the image files for diffuse, exponent etc... It seems to renders fine as long as you don't alter anything.
Just a bump... I'm still having this issue with materials copied from another scene.

8 posts • Page 1 of 1