Material not loaded

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
Coen Naninck

Re: Material not loaded

Post by Coen Naninck » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:57 am

OK here is an update; I received my new laptop today (darnit, now I have to reset my license again, hope it won't take more than a day), installed W7 64-bit and then installed SketchUp, Indigo RT and lastly SkIndigo 3.0.15.

Let me begin by saying that everything now works as it should; I can load a material into SketchUp from within SkIndigo (if I say that correctly).

Now as for the fix, I don't have a clue what has made it work. Reinstalling Windows did not do it for me before (even after a format of my hard drive). Maybe it is the version of SketchUp I'm running. Frankly I think this may have been it, but who can tell.

At any rate, it works so I will stop my ramblings here. But if anyone else runs into this problem then I will do what I can to help.

Whaat and everybody else, thanks for the concern, I really appreciate it. It show you guys care about your product(s).

User avatar
Whaat
Developer
Posts: 1827
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:15 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Material not loaded

Post by Whaat » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:11 pm

Coen Naninck wrote: Now as for the fix, I don't have a clue what has made it work. Reinstalling Windows did not do it for me before (even after a format of my hard drive). Maybe it is the version of SketchUp I'm running. Frankly I think this may have been it, but who can tell.
I think the Indigo crash was caused by having the GPU checkbox enabled with SkIndigo while using a computer with an unsupported GPU. Is it possible for you to confirm this?

Coen Naninck

Re: Material not loaded

Post by Coen Naninck » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:20 pm

What crash? You mean the error? It could be a hardware problem, since my old laptop had a video hardware problem where all acceleration would stop functioning if the unit became too hot (and subsequently would freeze Windows).

Post Reply
18 posts