you need to specify the "full path" for the objects.
sorry I did type this out once, then firefox crashed and I couldn't be bothered to type it again *sigh* .. this is the full object name:
Code: Select all
delete |group6|pCylinder7|polySurfaceShape1
you should see no change in your objects after running this command, but it'll keep Indigo happy.
Re: the script...
it's supposed to be fairly low on features, so that clicking export renders the scene pretty much as it appears in Maya.
I agree there's a few things that could be smoother in the export process though - the history meshes being one of them. The scene translation is quite a tricky process.
I don't think that blendigo is any easier to use, and personally I dislike the way that all materials have to be (re-)created within the blender script. you don't necessarily see in the viewport exactly what renders. MtI is much better in that respect IMO (hell, it even copies all your textures for you!).
MtI is also under a couple of constraints from Maya - we can only export objects in .obj for now.
Another option would be to build a native Indigo mesh export module, but that would take a lot of work, and would probably be slower.