General News and accouncements regarding the Indigo render engine
-
Xman
- Posts: 202
- Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:56 pm
- Location: Guangdong-China
Post
by Xman » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:46 pm
Hi Nick,
I can't use the Indigo 0.7,why? Can you tell me?
thank you
____Xman
Intel i7-920,RAM 3G ,GeForce 9800GTX+.
-
OnoSendai

- Posts: 6244
- Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:16 pm
- Location: Wellington, NZ
-
Contact:
Post
by OnoSendai » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:54 pm
xman: u need to add <normal_smoothing>true</normal_smoothing>
to each mesh element in the xml.
-
fused

- Posts: 3648
- Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:19 am
- Location: Berlin, Germany
- 3D Software: Cinema 4D
Post
by fused » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:57 pm
read the first post
You'll need to add
Code: Select all
Code:
<normal_smoothing>true</normal_smoothing>
or
Code: Select all
Code:
<normal_smoothing>false</normal_smoothing>
to each mesh element.
and remove it from the <model> element.
the other stuff might be important too. youll have to do a lot xml editing...
edit: ah.... too slow
-
manitwo
- Posts: 1029
- Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:50 am
- Location: Tirol - Austria
Post
by manitwo » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:51 am
thanks for the answer nick

-
Xman
- Posts: 202
- Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:56 pm
- Location: Guangdong-China
Post
by Xman » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:43 am
Thank nick and fused

Intel i7-920,RAM 3G ,GeForce 9800GTX+.
-
dsp_418
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:48 pm
Post
by dsp_418 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:21 am
I've added <normal_smoothing>true</normal_smoothing> but it doesn't works ...

-
zsouthboy
- Posts: 1395
- Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:12 am
Post
by zsouthboy » Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:32 am
Remember to remove the offending tags that indigo gives you an error about! Indigo doesn't just ignore errors in the XML now...
-
BZ Win
- Posts: 172
- Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:06 am
- Location: Ottawa, Canada
Post
by BZ Win » Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:42 am
Gosh, I am too tired, when I read:
There's a metric fuckton...
I was trying to figure out if that came before or after the deca prefix :E
-
CTZn
- Posts: 7240
- Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:34 pm
- Location: Paris, France
Post
by CTZn » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:08 pm
-
atmmatt
- Posts: 104
- Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:33 am
- Location: Pennsylvania - USA
Post
by atmmatt » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:46 pm
I get a bad cold for a couple days and I come back to 4 pages of bliss!
And I thought I would be spending the next couple days working in the shop....Ha!
Thanks a bunch ono!

"To be, or not to be" That is a question?
-
Kojack
- Posts: 57
- Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:46 pm
- Location: Poland
Post
by Kojack » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:31 pm
impressive work Nick.
thx

-
Mute
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:37 am
- Location: Nantes - France
Post
by Mute » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:49 am
i have added
Code: Select all
<normal_smoothing>true</normal_smoothing>
in my xml files but a fatal error appears
SceneLoaderExcep: Rotation matrix must be orthogonal
-
CTZn
- Posts: 7240
- Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:34 pm
- Location: Paris, France
Post
by CTZn » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:43 am
Thats not correlated

but I don't use rotation matrix so I cant help you

-
Behrendt
- Posts: 255
- Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:30 pm
- Location: Cologne, Germany
-
Contact:
Post
by Behrendt » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:54 am
Has somebody tried to apply an SSS-Material to a human-model? Kinda interessted how this would look

-
OnoSendai

- Posts: 6244
- Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:16 pm
- Location: Wellington, NZ
-
Contact:
Post
by OnoSendai » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:23 pm
Added some updated documentation, see the link under the changelog in first post.
Still incomplete, but i'm getting there

Let me know if there's anything anyone desperately needs documented.
nik