Indigo 2.2.8
-
StompinTom

- Posts: 1828
- Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:33 pm
Re: Indigo 2.2.8
Where's the 1000% speed increase?!?! :D
- zeitmeister

- Posts: 2010
- Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:11 am
- Location: Limburg/Lahn, Germany
- Contact:
Re: Indigo 2.2.8
Some more issues about the mac version:
- Once the render settings panel is disattached, it's not possible to reattach it to the main window... or I don't know how.
- Indigo won't hide; all options are at the top under "Indigo" are grey/disabled... maybe this has something to do with the above point?
- As I already mentioned, after a while of rendering, it's not possible to enter values manually to all input fields.
- Another issue, maybe caused by the last Cindigo-build: Background materials are being mirrored head-over-feet.
Besides that, great job!
- Once the render settings panel is disattached, it's not possible to reattach it to the main window... or I don't know how.
- Indigo won't hide; all options are at the top under "Indigo" are grey/disabled... maybe this has something to do with the above point?
- As I already mentioned, after a while of rendering, it's not possible to enter values manually to all input fields.
- Another issue, maybe caused by the last Cindigo-build: Background materials are being mirrored head-over-feet.
Besides that, great job!
Re: Indigo 2.2.8
Nick, Ben,
Can we get 32 and 64 bit Linux builds please ?
Can we get 32 and 64 bit Linux builds please ?
Re: Indigo 2.2.8
You just drag it over the target area and release it, or double click the title bar on the floating window.zeitmeister wrote:Some more issues about the mac version:
- Once the render settings panel is disattached, it's not possible to reattach it to the main window... or I don't know how.
However, I've added a 'Reset Layout' command to the upcoming 2.2.9 that will do this.
Re: Indigo 2.2.8
I'm not sure what you're asking. Do you want Indigo to close automatically when you press 'Stop'?Jambert wrote:Thx Ono, but little request
Would be nice indigo doesn't close automaticaly when finished rendering. It's getting tired to see indigo open in first plane 50 times a day when I work with another software
edit: supersample valure is nice, could it be possible to see an estimate of render ram consumption before to start rendering?
An estimate of RAM consumption would be a good idea, I guess.
Re: Indigo 2.2.8
What do you mean by original resolution?Pibuz wrote:Could the "original resolution" string be added to the info overlay?
Does it sound silly?
Re: Indigo 2.2.8
Hi Musorgki,Musorgki wrote:Thank you very much!
Some things I noticed...
I really like that the Options dialog remembers its previous state.
Sadly, however, it doesn't read the tags (from the ini or igs) if they are present.
(I tried these: info_overlay, watermark, frame_upload_period and save_igi)
When rendering is paused, the render log continues to update
(with no changes) and the image continues to tonemap & save.
However, this takes almost no cpu.
feature requests:
A new section in the inifile.xml file:
<ui_settings>
<thread_priority>normal</thread_priority> <!-- normal or below_normal -->
<confirm_quit_render_on_exit>yes<confirm_quit_render_on_exit> <!-- yes or no -->
</ui_settings>
Hopefully there is a more concise way to say "confirm_quit_render_on_exit",
but something that would let you stop rendering & close indigo in one click.
Naturally, these would default to current behavior.
Finally, it seems that when using an obj file as an external mesh,
the fo keyword (one-sided face) is not supported. Perhaps this was
by design, but if not, any chance of interpreting 'fo' a standard
two-sided face?
But its just details... keep doing what you're doing!
thread priority can be set by the command line option --thread_priority [belownormal | normal].
I'm guessing you want the option 'confirm_quit_render_on_exit' for material preview renders?
- pixie

- Posts: 2346
- Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:54 am
- Location: Away from paradise
- 3D Software: Cinema 4D
- Contact:
Re: Indigo 2.2.8
I for once would like this option on both. I actually never had a problem with Indigo 1.1.18 way of doing things, just close it and be gone. Having IGI saved pretty much guarantees that even if an error happens can be reversed.OnoSendai wrote:I'm guessing you want the option 'confirm_quit_render_on_exit' for material preview renders?
Re: Indigo 2.2.8
Well, I guess I will add it as an option to the GUI, that can be overridden on the command line.
Re: Indigo 2.2.8
Changed default to 120.Whaat wrote:It looks like you have the default image save period set to 20 seconds. This is WAY too short. I suggest a minimum of 60 seconds (I prefer 120 or even longer)
Re: Indigo 2.2.8
Ok, they can now be overwritten by the inifile and scene file.Whaat wrote:I think the rendering options are nice but they should be overwritten by the IGS file.
Re: Indigo 2.2.8
Thanks ono! :)
Re: Indigo 2.2.8
I mean the resolution the render is running, eg. "2552x1708"OnoSendai wrote:What do you mean by original resolution?Pibuz wrote:Could the "original resolution" string be added to the info overlay?
Does it sound silly?
Re: Indigo 2.2.8
No, sorry for my english. I mean that when I run animation rendering, indigo open/close for each frame, it's a bit "boring". When you're working in the same time with another soft, indigo open in front plane for each frame.OnoSendai wrote:I'm not sure what you're asking. Do you want Indigo to close automatically when you press 'Stop'?
- pixie

- Posts: 2346
- Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:54 am
- Location: Away from paradise
- 3D Software: Cinema 4D
- Contact:
Re: Indigo 2.2.8
How would you render animations then? Babysit indigo all day? :PJambert wrote:No, sorry for my english. I mean that when I run animation rendering, indigo open/close for each frame, it's a bit "boring". When you're working in the same time with another soft, indigo open in front plane for each frame.OnoSendai wrote:I'm not sure what you're asking. Do you want Indigo to close automatically when you press 'Stop'?

