Search found 5 matches

Search found 5 matches • Page 1 of 1
by enkidu
Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:45 am
Forum: Bugs and Requests
Topic: [BUG] NK data file parsing
Replies: 9
Views: 13332

[BUG] NK data file parsing

I don't know how many people use the .nk data files that come with Indigo, but it only seems to work with the type 1 files - those where the wavelength range is expressed in electron volts. The type 2 files (micrometre wavelengths?) don't seem to work. Is this something that's going to be fixed? In ...
by enkidu
Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:46 am
Forum: Indigo General Stuff
Topic: Can Indigo simulate fluorescence?
Replies: 5
Views: 8225

Cool - I've been reading more about it and I agree that it would require extra computation. There's quite a good survey of the state-of-the-art from a few years ago here: Kate Devlin, Alan Chalmers, Alexander Wilkie and Werner Purgathofer. STAR: Tone Reproduction and Physically Based Spectral Render...
by enkidu
Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:04 am
Forum: Bugs and Requests
Topic: [REQ] duty cycle for laptop users
Replies: 2
Views: 4495

[REQ] duty cycle for laptop users

I've seen lots of requests for the ability to change the Indigo process priority, but I haven't seen anyone ask for a duty cycle setting. This would be extremely useful for us laptop users who can't leave the CPU churning away all day at 100% CPU without it bursting into flames... Reducing the proce...
by enkidu
Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:26 am
Forum: Indigo General Stuff
Topic: Can Indigo simulate fluorescence?
Replies: 5
Views: 8225

I was wondering whether the .nk spectral data files hold enough information to be able to define a material that exhibits fluorescence, but having read some more about what's in the .nk files, I don't think you can. My niaive understanding of flourescence is that it's caused by incoming light having...
by enkidu
Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:12 am
Forum: Indigo General Stuff
Topic: Can Indigo simulate fluorescence?
Replies: 5
Views: 8225

Can Indigo simulate fluorescence?

I'm new to Indigo, but intrigued by the possibilities of it's spectrally-based simulation. I don't have much of a physics background, but was wondering if the phenomena of fluorescence or phosphorescence are possible within Indigo's lighting model, or if they require a more complex photon model? htt...
Search found 5 matches • Page 1 of 1