ferns
- fenerolina
- Posts: 141
- Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:27 pm
- Location: Pyrenees
ferns
Hi everyone!
I've just uploaded a fern leaf material. So now you can make, with a bit of organisation, beautifull green pictures like these:
Hope you like..
I've just uploaded a fern leaf material. So now you can make, with a bit of organisation, beautifull green pictures like these:
Hope you like..
- Attachments
-
- ferns.png (491.42 KiB) Viewed 6964 times
-
- fern2.png (307.99 KiB) Viewed 6972 times
- fenerolina
- Posts: 141
- Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:27 pm
- Location: Pyrenees
Re: ferns
Yes they are! I knew you'd like it.
Notice the second one is a bit noisy and has some fireflys. Sorry for the noob question but how can I upload a bigger image for you to click on it and watch it full size.
Notice the second one is a bit noisy and has some fireflys. Sorry for the noob question but how can I upload a bigger image for you to click on it and watch it full size.
- zeitmeister

- Posts: 2010
- Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:11 am
- Location: Limburg/Lahn, Germany
- Contact:
Re: ferns
This is stunning, fenerolina!
Cheers, David
DAVIDGUDELIUS // 3D.PORTFOLIO
·
Indigo 4.4.15 | Indigo for C4D 4.4.13.1 | C4D R23 | Mac OS X 10.13.6 | Windows 10 Professional x64
DAVIDGUDELIUS // 3D.PORTFOLIO
·
Indigo 4.4.15 | Indigo for C4D 4.4.13.1 | C4D R23 | Mac OS X 10.13.6 | Windows 10 Professional x64
- Polinalkrimizei
- Posts: 649
- Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 6:59 am
Re: ferns
Yes it is, thanks for sharing!
Your preview-pictures look photo-real, I wish I could see those in the matDb. Benn?
Your preview-pictures look photo-real, I wish I could see those in the matDb. Benn?
Re: ferns
Very nice material.
My only suggestion would be to add <step_blend>true</step_blend> to your blend materials. This will get rid of the fireflies.
My only suggestion would be to add <step_blend>true</step_blend> to your blend materials. This will get rid of the fireflies.
- zeitmeister

- Posts: 2010
- Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:11 am
- Location: Limburg/Lahn, Germany
- Contact:
Re: ferns
... but "step blend" kills gradients in blend maps, doesn't it?
Well, if provided.
Well, if provided.
Cheers, David
DAVIDGUDELIUS // 3D.PORTFOLIO
·
Indigo 4.4.15 | Indigo for C4D 4.4.13.1 | C4D R23 | Mac OS X 10.13.6 | Windows 10 Professional x64
DAVIDGUDELIUS // 3D.PORTFOLIO
·
Indigo 4.4.15 | Indigo for C4D 4.4.13.1 | C4D R23 | Mac OS X 10.13.6 | Windows 10 Professional x64
Re: ferns
Correct, it makes the material either completely transparent or completely opaque, depending on the value of the blend map. Which can be good, because it gets rid of fireflies due to partial transparencyzeitmeister wrote:... but "step blend" kills gradients in blend maps, doesn't it?
Well, if provided.
- zeitmeister

- Posts: 2010
- Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:11 am
- Location: Limburg/Lahn, Germany
- Contact:
Re: ferns
Thanks for the info!
Cheers, David
DAVIDGUDELIUS // 3D.PORTFOLIO
·
Indigo 4.4.15 | Indigo for C4D 4.4.13.1 | C4D R23 | Mac OS X 10.13.6 | Windows 10 Professional x64
DAVIDGUDELIUS // 3D.PORTFOLIO
·
Indigo 4.4.15 | Indigo for C4D 4.4.13.1 | C4D R23 | Mac OS X 10.13.6 | Windows 10 Professional x64
- fenerolina
- Posts: 141
- Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:27 pm
- Location: Pyrenees
Re: ferns
I'm very glad you like it!
I'm afraid I don't understand when Ono says "add <step_blend>true</step_blend> to your blend materials" I know I have a lot of lacks in texturing, but could somebody explain it for me in more details?
Thank you.
I'm afraid I don't understand when Ono says "add <step_blend>true</step_blend> to your blend materials" I know I have a lot of lacks in texturing, but could somebody explain it for me in more details?
Thank you.
- PureSpider
- Posts: 1459
- Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:37 am
- Location: Karlsruhe, BW, Germany
- Contact:
Re: ferns
Step blend is: "Everything below 50% white in the texture becomes 0% white (black) while everything above 50% white becomes 100% white"
That way gradients are killed but the rendering is more "efficent".
That way gradients are killed but the rendering is more "efficent".
- fenerolina
- Posts: 141
- Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:27 pm
- Location: Pyrenees
Re: ferns
Thank you Purespider!
but my noobish question is where do I have to input this value in the texture?
Re: ferns
In that case, I think fenerolina wanted to achieve a semi-transluescent material, by blending a diffuser and a diffuse transmitter. I do not think you can do the same with step blend
Etienne
Etienne
Eclat-Digital Research
http://www.eclat-digital.com
http://www.eclat-digital.com

