Please get the updated scene igs online so it can be put in the matdb and incorporated with each exporter. Excellent find/fix!
Material preview scene bump map on base
-
Psychotron80
- Posts: 96
- Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:18 pm
cpfresh thanks
!
Here is the corrected MatDB scene package containing:
- Blender scene (note that absolute paths to files must be manually updated in Blendigo!)
- IGS file (+ dummy previewmats.xml file, scene textures, environment map)
Notice that I made the IGS file by exporting with Blendigo and then manually edited it in order to comply with the exporter's standard (i.e. inclusion of the external previewmat.xml file). Since I'm a total n00b both in Blender and Indigo, I did the best I could to respect the present standards, and indeed I checked on my installation that it works fine with the Blendigo MatDB "preview" button.
But I ask some veteran to please check that everything is working fine before any official release!
Let me know if there are any mistakes.
Cheers,
Psy
Here is the corrected MatDB scene package containing:
- Blender scene (note that absolute paths to files must be manually updated in Blendigo!)
- IGS file (+ dummy previewmats.xml file, scene textures, environment map)
Notice that I made the IGS file by exporting with Blendigo and then manually edited it in order to comply with the exporter's standard (i.e. inclusion of the external previewmat.xml file). Since I'm a total n00b both in Blender and Indigo, I did the best I could to respect the present standards, and indeed I checked on my installation that it works fine with the Blendigo MatDB "preview" button.
But I ask some veteran to please check that everything is working fine before any official release!
Let me know if there are any mistakes.
Cheers,
Psy
- Attachments
-
- IMPmatdb-corrected-base-bump.zip
- (3.46 MiB) Downloaded 408 times
Psychotron80
Thanks very much!
For SkIndigo users, you will have to make some edits to the IMPmatdb.igs to get it to work with SkIndigo.
ex: uv set name uv renamed to default
ex: previewmats.xml changed to previewmats.igs
*edit*
also need to change texture path from textures to scene_textures
*edit 2*
textures mapped to the base seem to go crooked, is it mapped funny or is just me?
*edit 3*
curious growths on the preview sphere!
Thanks very much!
For SkIndigo users, you will have to make some edits to the IMPmatdb.igs to get it to work with SkIndigo.
ex: uv set name uv renamed to default
ex: previewmats.xml changed to previewmats.igs
*edit*
also need to change texture path from textures to scene_textures
*edit 2*
textures mapped to the base seem to go crooked, is it mapped funny or is just me?
*edit 3*
curious growths on the preview sphere!
- Attachments
-
- curious?
- Brick_Antique.png (427.28 KiB) Viewed 5817 times
-
Psychotron80
- Posts: 96
- Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:18 pm
I wouldn't do this since the standard MatDB package contains a texture path, not a scene_textures...*edit*
also need to change texture path from textures to scene_textures
what do you mean? can you show me an example? The scaling on the original blender scene was wrong and I fixed it by scaling in the right way. I think this scaling also re-mapped the UVs accordingly*edit 2*
textures mapped to the base seem to go crooked, is it mapped funny or is just me?
I think this (and the weird look of the bricks) is because you tried to use displacement, which does not work on the preview scene (neither in the old one) because there is no Indigo mesh subdivision.*edit 3*
curious growths on the preview sphere!
Can someone confirm these three points?
I'll be glad to fix any problems if I know how to do it, and if there's an agreement on the standards!
Cheers,
Psy
all the changes I noted are for SkIndigo. I was just trying to match up your new igs file with the existing one.
I'll try to upload a clearer example of what, to me, looks like crooked.
As far as I can remember displacement used to work. Were the displacement settings removed from the preview scene? I didn't even check.
I'll try to upload a clearer example of what, to me, looks like crooked.
As far as I can remember displacement used to work. Were the displacement settings removed from the preview scene? I didn't even check.
-
Psychotron80
- Posts: 96
- Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:18 pm
-
Psychotron80
- Posts: 96
- Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:18 pm
Ok guys here's a small update/fix:
- UV sets are now called "default", as in original IMP
- camera and rendering settings are now as in original IMP
This works fine with blendigo 1.1.14. Notice that displacement mapping does NOT work, as in the original IMP.
Feedback, suggestions and tests are welcome.
Psy
- UV sets are now called "default", as in original IMP
- camera and rendering settings are now as in original IMP
This works fine with blendigo 1.1.14. Notice that displacement mapping does NOT work, as in the original IMP.
Feedback, suggestions and tests are welcome.
Psy
- Attachments
-
- IMPmatdb-corrected-base-bump.zip
- (3.77 MiB) Downloaded 397 times
-
Psychotron80
- Posts: 96
- Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:18 pm

