Show off your final renders
-
StompinTom

- Posts: 1828
- Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:33 pm
Post
by StompinTom » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:51 am
Word.
A recent shot I did. Finally got my ass into gear to start making proper accessories and things such as books, glasses, etc.
There are 3 exposures in this image from the same rendering; woohoo for camera tonemapping!
Blender 2.49a, Indigo 2.2.9
Roughly 30 hours of rendering, though at 2400x2400. I used light portals but am not sure if that actually helped or not.
Comments/crits...

Last edited by
StompinTom on Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
pixie

- Posts: 2346
- Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:54 am
- Location: Away from paradise
- 3D Software: Cinema 4D
-
Contact:
Post
by pixie » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:01 am
StompinTom wrote:Roughly 30 hours of rendering, though at 2400x2400. I used light portals but am not sure if that actually helped or not.
You can be sure. You can even quote me on that if you will!

-
zeitmeister

- Posts: 2010
- Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:11 am
- Location: Limburg/Lahn, Germany
-
Contact:
Post
by zeitmeister » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:09 am
Fantastic!
-
StompinTom

- Posts: 1828
- Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:33 pm
Post
by StompinTom » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:01 am
You can be sure. You can even quote me on that if you will!

Then I just need a faster machine

Aperature diffraction was on, which I guess contributed to the color noise in the final image. Either, way after 30 hours I wasn't going to wait another 90 hours to clear the rest of that noise up!
-
Godzilla

- Posts: 985
- Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:33 am
Post
by Godzilla » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:02 am
wow.
Amazing image, I love it.
Perhaps the new thumbnail for the Best of Indigo?
-
OnoSendai

- Posts: 6244
- Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:16 pm
- Location: Wellington, NZ
-
Contact:
Post
by OnoSendai » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:51 pm
Stunning image.
I hope you upload it to the interiors gallery!
-
Zom-B

- Posts: 4701
- Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:18 pm
- Location: ´'`\_(ò_Ó)_/´'`
-
Contact:
Post
by Zom-B » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:24 pm
Hey Tom, nice image... well done!
For some final noise reduction I recommend using a good noise killer like
Neat Image or a free equivalent. with very low setting you can kill noise and keep all details and a authentic look.
StompinTom wrote:There are 3 exposures in this image from the same rendering; woohoo for camera tonemapping!
can you maybe explain what exactly you mean by this??? some kind of post processing composition technique?!
polygonmanufaktur.de
-
Camox

- Posts: 587
- Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:28 am
- Location: Berlin Germany
-
Contact:
Post
by Camox » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:05 pm
Amazing work, fantastic interior !

-
Silmä

- Posts: 147
- Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:46 am
Post
by Silmä » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:00 am
ZomB wrote:StompinTom wrote:There are 3 exposures in this image from the same rendering; woohoo for camera tonemapping!
can you maybe explain what exactly you mean by this??? some kind of post processing composition technique?!
Sounds like some kind of HDRI-setup with multiple exposures from the rendered image. Is the "save to EXR" -option still broken?
Anyways, as said before, a stunning image!
-
djegoo

- Posts: 273
- Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:19 pm
Post
by djegoo » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:16 am
impressive.
I am sure exit portals helped you a lot. I often render interiors and exit portals changed my life!
good job
-
StompinTom

- Posts: 1828
- Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:33 pm
Post
by StompinTom » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:21 am
Thanks everybody!
Ono, I'd love to upload it to the interiors gallery, if you'd like.
As for the 3 exposures, I saved 3 images, one at a correct exposure, one two stops over and one two stops under, as separate TIFs. This gives me way more control over the image density afterwards in Photoshop. So by blending the 3 images in certain ratios or in certain areas, I get total control over how the light comes out. For example, the upper right corner should be a lot darker, though I brought back some detail by blending an overexposed image. It's kind of like dodging and burning with film, though with much more leeway.
-
pixie

- Posts: 2346
- Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:54 am
- Location: Away from paradise
- 3D Software: Cinema 4D
-
Contact:
Post
by pixie » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:21 am
StompinTom wrote:Thanks everybody!
Ono, I'd love to upload it to the interiors gallery, if you'd like.
As for the 3 exposures, I saved 3 images, one at a correct exposure, one two stops over and one two stops under, as separate TIFs. This gives me way more control over the image density afterwards in Photoshop. So by blending the 3 images in certain ratios or in certain areas, I get total control over how the light comes out. For example, the upper right corner should be a lot darker, though I brought back some detail by blending an overexposed image. It's kind of like dodging and burning with film, though with much more leeway.
Using the same tricks our brain uses everyday, so I see...

-
StompinTom

- Posts: 1828
- Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:33 pm
Post
by StompinTom » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:31 am
pixie wrote:StompinTom wrote:Thanks everybody!
Ono, I'd love to upload it to the interiors gallery, if you'd like.
As for the 3 exposures, I saved 3 images, one at a correct exposure, one two stops over and one two stops under, as separate TIFs. This gives me way more control over the image density afterwards in Photoshop. So by blending the 3 images in certain ratios or in certain areas, I get total control over how the light comes out. For example, the upper right corner should be a lot darker, though I brought back some detail by blending an overexposed image. It's kind of like dodging and burning with film, though with much more leeway.
Using the same tricks our brain uses everyday, so I see...

It's all just a matter of perception anyway, when it comes to reality

I just care about the finished product.
-
dmn

- Posts: 243
- Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:42 pm
Post
by dmn » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:56 pm

Wow. Beautiful.