First Indigo rendered TV spot

Show off your final renders
Post Reply
10 posts • Page 1 of 1
User avatar
Zom-B
1st Place 100
Posts: 4701
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:18 pm
Location: ´'`\_(ò_Ó)_/´'`
Contact:

First Indigo rendered TV spot

Post by Zom-B » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:53 am

Hey guys

One day matsta contacted me about a animation project a customer of offered him. A remake of a existing animation for AMC Cookware in South Africa. The point was that this commercial don't look good enough for the client, to dark and simply not real enough. Matsta showed and told the Agency The Artery about Indigo and they wanted to give it a try!

Since he has no experience in doing Indigo animations, but remembered my Toon Car animation, he asked if I could do this.

long story short, after a skype conference with The Artery and matsta, I agreed to give it a try.

HERE is the final post processed video.

Image

Image

Image

Image


I get the Pot Model and some preview renderings of the "new look" they wanted to archive. After camera matching the old animation in C4D and lighting up the stage, I did some test renderings that showed the quality Indigo could give here.

I did previews with Indigo 2 to reach showable results faster and rendered thefinal movie with 1.1.18.

rendering this animation noiseless was impossible, with my resources. I had some friends online that helped me via network rendering (small scene file + working in PAL resolution helped here!). I also get a Q6600 borrowed from a friend and bought a Phenom II 945 system with 4x3ghz.

after 2 weeks I had the animation done with 1500 spp (less for the first scene, more for the last)

This noisy material was denoised using "Neat Video"! Slow animations + Temporal Noise filter and the great Neat Video Algo was a win here, see for yourself:

Image

Image

I know this animation is not world shaking, and I also don't get rich by doing it... anyway I would like Ono (& Ben) for this piece of software, from my payment I'll buy a Indigo 2 lifetime license and can hopefully render the next clip a lot faster :D
Also a big big thanks for matsta to pass this job over to me!!! :)
polygonmanufaktur.de

Stinkie
Indigo 100
Posts: 616
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:22 pm

Re: First Indigo rendered TV spot

Post by Stinkie » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:26 am

Looks good to me. I also quite like the kitchen animation on your site.

User avatar
juan_irender
Indigo 100
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:37 pm
Location: Spain
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Re: First Indigo rendered TV spot

Post by juan_irender » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:27 am

Quite stunnig, ZomB! I like it very much.
Cheers.
C4D R18 Studio user
Blender user :D

User avatar
Godzilla
Indigo 100
Posts: 985
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:33 am

Re: First Indigo rendered TV spot

Post by Godzilla » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:29 am

Great work ZomB! Congrats on finishing the project and buying 2 (What's the reason for 2?) Licenses!


That noise filter is amazing, there's no noticeable blur caused by it. Perhaps something to integrate into Indigo? :o

User avatar
psor
1st Place Winner
Posts: 1295
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:25 am
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Re: First Indigo rendered TV spot

Post by psor » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:37 pm

Great work ZomB! The post job is also done quite well. Keep it up! 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


take care
psor
"The sleeper must awaken"

User avatar
suvakas
3rd Place Winner
Posts: 2613
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:08 pm
Location: Estonia
Contact:

Re: First Indigo rendered TV spot

Post by suvakas » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:20 pm

Arghh... the flare..why the flare ????
I guess it was not your decision?

User avatar
Doug Armand
Indigo 100
Posts: 1038
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: London UK

Re: First Indigo rendered TV spot

Post by Doug Armand » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:31 pm

+1 about the flare :D

But boy thats impressive. Very nice
Doug

Doug Armand

User avatar
zeitmeister
2nd Place 100
Posts: 2010
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:11 am
Location: Limburg/Lahn, Germany
Contact:

Re: First Indigo rendered TV spot

Post by zeitmeister » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:56 am

The flare really destroys the high-end-look and -aesthetic...
you should keep a big eye on this here if you want nice accents on highlights.

But f*ckin great work anyway and for sure!

I am longing for my first commercial animation with Indigo...
Cheers, David



DAVIDGUDELIUS // 3D.PORTFOLIO
·
Indigo 4.4.15 | Indigo for C4D 4.4.13.1 | C4D R23 | Mac OS X 10.13.6 | Windows 10 Professional x64

User avatar
CTZn
Posts: 7240
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:34 pm
Location: Paris, France

Re: First Indigo rendered TV spot

Post by CTZn » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:23 am

I think the flare is something they asked, because it is also present in the final logo animation, kind of a brand touch... I was also horrified about it at first, but seems to me they payed for it.

Congrats for the professional experience ZomB, and for the lifetime license !
obsolete asset

User avatar
matsta
Posts: 730
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:50 am
Location: 127.0.0.1

Re: First Indigo rendered TV spot

Post by matsta » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:52 pm

Haha,

To be honest the guy in charge of the post work isnt the most clued up designer ive ever met. Anyway the fact of the matter is that indigo did a great job on this one and the client was exceptionally happy.

Great work Arthur!

Regards
Mat

Post Reply
10 posts • Page 1 of 1