Bedroom

Show off your final renders
User avatar
fused
Developer
Posts: 3648
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:19 am
Location: Berlin, Germany
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Bedroom

Post by fused » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:46 pm

The scene is not made by me. It was made by the user mp-grafix from http://www.cgnetwork.de/. He shared it as an AR3 tescene (Cinemas Renderer) and I could not resist to render it with Indigo. Lets just say that none of the AR3 renders done until now are even close to the quality Indigo provides :lol:
bedroom_day.jpg
bedroom_day.jpg (151.27 KiB) Viewed 6342 times
bedroom_night.jpg
"night version"
bedroom_night.jpg (78.8 KiB) Viewed 6338 times

User avatar
Doug Armand
Indigo 100
Posts: 1038
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: London UK

Re: Bedroom

Post by Doug Armand » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:09 pm

Superb :D
Doug

Doug Armand

User avatar
Pibuz
1st Place 100
Posts: 2646
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:58 am
Location: Padua, Italy
3D Software: SketchUp

Re: Bedroom

Post by Pibuz » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:34 pm

Hi Fused!
What a well-done job you show us!
You know what? I'm really happy to see some architecture images around here: I haven't seen any for a while, and I started to think I was the only challenger of architectural interiors and exteriors :lol:

Btw the scene is very good, and the quality of the render is perfect: how long did it cook? On which machine(s)?

User avatar
suvakas
3rd Place Winner
Posts: 2613
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:08 pm
Location: Estonia
Contact:

Re: Bedroom

Post by suvakas » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:18 pm

Perfect, just perfect light setup.
Well done Fused. I love Indigo !!! :D

User avatar
fused
Developer
Posts: 3648
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:19 am
Location: Berlin, Germany
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Re: Bedroom

Post by fused » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:34 pm

thank you all for the nice comments :)
Pibuz wrote:You know what? I'm really happy to see some architecture images around here: I haven't seen any for a while, and I started to think I was the only challenger of architectural interiors and exteriors :lol:
:D
Pibuz wrote:Btw the scene is very good, and the quality of the render is perfect: how long did it cook? On which machine(s)?
Thank you, but the scene is not made by me, i just converted the materials and set up a few lights :)
It cooked for 34 or 43 hours (I'll look at the logfile and tell you exactly when i get home) on a Q9300 (running at 3.4 GHz). I had to use MLT because PT generated hundreds of fireflies. The PT rendering cleared up a lot faster...

User avatar
PureSpider
Posts: 1459
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:37 am
Location: Karlsruhe, BW, Germany
Contact:

Re: Bedroom

Post by PureSpider » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:11 pm

Hm is it just me or did the lamp change its color in the night? :D
In the day shot it's yellow-ish, while in the night shot it is completely white...
Additionally, you stole Arne's "night light" :lol:
Nice render fer sure! 8)

User avatar
fused
Developer
Posts: 3648
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:19 am
Location: Berlin, Germany
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Re: Bedroom

Post by fused » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:32 pm

PureSpider wrote:Hm is it just me or did the lamp change its color in the night? :D
In the day shot it's yellow-ish, while in the night shot it is completely white...
Additionally, you stole Arne's "night light" :lol:
Nice render fer sure! 8)
Ah, you got me. I was hoping noone will notice :lol:

Night version has a different white point.
Day is E and night is A.
I adjusted it because your eye would also adjust to the light situation. Also, white "moonlight" looked just wrong :)

User avatar
CTZn
Posts: 7240
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:34 pm
Location: Paris, France

Re: Bedroom

Post by CTZn » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:35 am

:!:

No words but astounding team work !
I adjusted it because your eye would also adjust to the light situation.
Good move, thanks for the trick fused.
Last edited by CTZn on Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
obsolete asset

User avatar
juan_irender
Indigo 100
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:37 pm
Location: Spain
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Re: Bedroom

Post by juan_irender » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:49 am

I like the light setup of both scene very much. Very far from the VRay look!
Greetings.
C4D R18 Studio user
Blender user :D

User avatar
fused
Developer
Posts: 3648
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:19 am
Location: Berlin, Germany
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Re: Bedroom

Post by fused » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:18 am

Thanks Juan :)

Code: Select all

Total render time elapsed: 34 h, 34 m, 45 s
Done 13205240000.00000 samples (18340.61111 samples per pixel) 
106078.71141 samples / second (9.42696 micro-seconds / sample)

User avatar
Godzilla
Indigo 100
Posts: 985
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:33 am

Re: Bedroom

Post by Godzilla » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:48 am

Love the night scene :) . The day scene is great too, but something seems a bit off about the blanket in that version?

Maybe it's just me. :?

User avatar
benn
Posts: 1046
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:47 pm
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Bedroom

Post by benn » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:15 am

Wow that's awesome! Can you post a screenshot of the scene in Cinema 4D as well? I'll make it the cinema 4d page image. :)

User avatar
Nick
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:04 pm
Location: Florence, Firenze
Contact:

Re: Bedroom

Post by Nick » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:51 pm

Very nice render! I like it :wink:

User avatar
PureSpider
Posts: 1459
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:37 am
Location: Karlsruhe, BW, Germany
Contact:

Re: Bedroom

Post by PureSpider » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:41 am

Godzilla wrote: The day scene is great too, but something seems a bit off about the blanket in that version?

Maybe it's just me. :?
Told him before... he told me he accidentally rendered it as phong instead of diffuse :lol:

User avatar
fused
Developer
Posts: 3648
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:19 am
Location: Berlin, Germany
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Re: Bedroom

Post by fused » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:46 am

PureSpider wrote:
Godzilla wrote: The day scene is great too, but something seems a bit off about the blanket in that version?

Maybe it's just me. :?
Told him before... he told me he accidentally rendered it as phong instead of diffuse :lol:
i rerendered it with a diffused material ;)

@Godzilla: can you please be a little more specific?

Post Reply
16 posts