Jacuzzi effect?

Get feedback from others on your works in progress
Pikadili89
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:19 am

Jacuzzi effect?

Post by Pikadili89 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:45 pm

Hey guys, the title says it all! :D
I need to do Spa center and ofc it needs to have jacuzzi. So my question is, how can I make or at least fake jacuzzi effect? Have anyone tried something like this before? I tried searching forums but found nothing helpfull :(
http://www.vangviet.com/wp-content/uplo ... i-pool.jpg#
This is what I want to do and curently I failed every time with displacment maps. Anyone have any idea?

Thanks in advance!

User avatar
Zom-B
1st Place 100
Posts: 4701
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:18 pm
Location: ´'`\_(ò_Ó)_/´'`
Contact:

Re: Jacuzzi effect?

Post by Zom-B » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:20 am

Yes, seems not that easy...
My approach would be:

- Use a glossy Transparent material with photo a texture of such a jacuzzi water to control the exponent of the material.
- Use the same but a little blurred texture for displacement!
- Now use the texture to control the color too.

The exponent map needs quite some strong contrasts I suggest.
SSS is maybe even not needed here :)
polygonmanufaktur.de

User avatar
OnoSendai
Developer
Posts: 6244
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:16 pm
Location: Wellington, NZ
Contact:

Re: Jacuzzi effect?

Post by OnoSendai » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:26 am

Depending on how accurately you want to model it, you could try blending a diffuse white material with the water specular material, with a blend map that looks like the 'bubble waves'.

User avatar
CTZn
Posts: 7240
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:34 pm
Location: Paris, France

Re: Jacuzzi effect?

Post by CTZn » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:42 am

hi, this is one effect I was willing to synthetise with ISL, I may be back to you soon. do not hesitate in bumping this up if I am lasting about it.
obsolete asset

User avatar
CTZn
Posts: 7240
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:34 pm
Location: Paris, France

Re: Jacuzzi effect?

Post by CTZn » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:10 am

Well, don't let me hold you back on this one, my first results were quite limited. I'll try to have them uploaded tomorrow even though I'm unhappy about them. They figure jet convection sort of, not bubbles. Crappy. Ouch :/ Tomorrow hopefully.
obsolete asset

FakeShamus
Posts: 512
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 11:34 am

Re: Jacuzzi effect?

Post by FakeShamus » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:37 am

here, I thought I'd take a shot at this. it's basically Ono's suggested approach with blend of specular and diffuse.
the scale of displacement needs tweaking depending on your scene scale. plus the texture values for blend and displacement will depend a lot on the images you are going to use.

I also used one material for the top of the water cylinder (bubbly blend) and for the sides and bottom (plain water with blue-green color), those both have to share the same medium.

this would probably benefit a lot with the photon-mapping methods that are in the works too, cause the water parts take a while to clear up and are pretty dark.

anyway, something to play around with and get you started. it's a pretty cool challenge.
Attachments
hot tub blend 2.pigm
(3.92 MiB) Downloaded 447 times
hot tub test 800.jpg

User avatar
OnoSendai
Developer
Posts: 6244
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:16 pm
Location: Wellington, NZ
Contact:

Re: Jacuzzi effect?

Post by OnoSendai » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:38 am

Looking good FakeShamus!

User avatar
Zom-B
1st Place 100
Posts: 4701
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:18 pm
Location: ´'`\_(ò_Ó)_/´'`
Contact:

Re: Jacuzzi effect?

Post by Zom-B » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:32 am

awesome, up to the MatDB!
polygonmanufaktur.de

FakeShamus
Posts: 512
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 11:34 am

Re: Jacuzzi effect?

Post by FakeShamus » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:51 am

thanks!
here, it works much better with simple color absorption in the medium instead of absorption layer with an image texture. also made the bubbles a uniform color phong instead of image color.
Attachments
hot tub blend 3.pigm
(2.19 MiB) Downloaded 484 times
hot tub test 2_800.jpg

FakeShamus
Posts: 512
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 11:34 am

Re: Jacuzzi effect?

Post by FakeShamus » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:01 am


User avatar
Oscar J
1st Place Winner
Posts: 2204
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:47 am
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
3D Software: Blender

Re: Jacuzzi effect?

Post by Oscar J » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:41 am

Wow, awesome material! :shock:

User avatar
CTZn
Posts: 7240
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:34 pm
Location: Paris, France

Re: Jacuzzi effect?

Post by CTZn » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:49 am

oh wow fakeshamus... this is one instance where I should have hold my horses back but I must now comply and post a lame thing. I meant what I said and I... grrrr :lol: good job.

The treat is, in the bump shader you can try 4x3 combinations for a result, just move the # signs around.
Attachments
Jet Convection combinatory.zip
pigm
(878 Bytes) Downloaded 473 times
obsolete asset

Pikadili89
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:19 am

Re: Jacuzzi effect?

Post by Pikadili89 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:14 am

Hello guys, first of all I want to apologise for my so late respond. During my strugle with jacuzzi effect I sudenly got a new task from my boss and I needed to pause the spa interior project. Today I finish spa interior and I decided to share with you both of my works. That suden task was interior design of catering apartment in vila, the interior was desired as light classic. And I am happy to tell you that it is accepted by investor. As for spa center, it is existing building which demands heavy reconstruction. Interior was desired to be luxorius and modern.
In this comment I am uploading catering aparment in vila, in second, I will upload spa center.

And ofcourse, I owe a big THANKS to FakeShamus for sharing this awsome material! Thank you mate! :)
c&c are welcome as always! Hope you'll enjoy! :D
Attachments
Ulazni hol.jpg
Apartman 2 - kupatilo 1.jpg
Apartman 2 - spavaca soba 1.jpg
Apartman 2 - dnevna soba 2.jpg
Apartman 2 - dnevna soba 1.jpg
Apartman 1 - kupatilo 1.jpg
Apartman 1 - spavaca soba 2.jpg
Apartman 1 - spavaca soba 1.jpg
Apartman 1 - dnevna soba 2.jpg
Apartman 1 - dnevna soba 1.jpg

User avatar
bubs
2nd Place Winner
Posts: 620
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:46 pm
Location: UK

Re: Jacuzzi effect?

Post by bubs » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:25 am

Very impressive modelling and scenes! 8) Excellent work, my only comments are, the mapping for the brick on the back of the fireplace is a little off IMO (but I'm being really picky here!! :lol:) and that there is some noise, a bit longer rendering and these would be spot on! Well done! :D

Pikadili89
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:19 am

Re: Jacuzzi effect?

Post by Pikadili89 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:31 am

Spa! :D
Attachments
Bazenski prostor 3 (dnevni).jpg
Bazenski prostor 2 (ambijentalni).jpg
Bazenski prostor 2 (dnevni).jpg
Bazenski prostor 1 (dnevni).jpg
Bazenski prostor 5 (dnevni).jpg
Bazenski prostor 4.jpg
Tursko kupatilo (Hamam) 1.jpg
Egzoticna masaza 2.jpg
Egzoticna masaza 1.jpg
Pedikir 1.jpg
Frizer 1.jpg
Hodnik 1.jpg
Ulazni hol 5.jpg
Ulazni hol 4.jpg
Ulazni hol 3.jpg
Ulazni hol 2.jpg
Ulazni hol 1.jpg

Post Reply
17 posts