Small Commercial Building

Show off your final renders
Post Reply
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
User avatar
Lal-O
2nd Place Winner
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:09 am
Location: México
3D Software: SketchUp
Contact:

Small Commercial Building

Post by Lal-O » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:22 am

Hi :D

This is my lastest work for a client. C&C welcome. :)

Cheers.
Attachments
Principal Morelos Sur.jpg

User avatar
Pibuz
1st Place 100
Posts: 2641
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:58 am
Location: Padua, Italy
3D Software: SketchUp

Re: Small Commercial Building

Post by Pibuz » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:23 pm

Not bad! I feel the lighting is a little too uniform, maybe try with an HDR?
Also, followme billboards often lead to unexpected results (featuring "floating couple of friends in the sun" ahah).

For the continuous window walls I always suggest to apply a very big procedural noise shader in the bump channel so to get uneven reflections.

I like very much how the light bounces in the central part of the building (...a patio?)

User avatar
Polinalkrimizei
Posts: 627
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 6:59 am

Re: Small Commercial Building

Post by Polinalkrimizei » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:13 am

Very nice! The perspective really highlights the special architecture. Cool render, I also like the use of plants, which is just subtle enough to not be too pronounced.
As you also asked for critic: You could pay more attention to the transition between materials. Usually, there are small gaps, sometimes filled with acryl, cement, wood, sometimes hidden with some decors.
These are just very subtle details but can really make a difference.
Cheers!

User avatar
Juju
Posts: 267
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:49 am
Location: South Africa

Re: Small Commercial Building

Post by Juju » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:27 pm

Is it just me or is the wood beams texturing looking funky? Wood grain size & direction bothers me.

User avatar
Lal-O
2nd Place Winner
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:09 am
Location: México
3D Software: SketchUp
Contact:

Re: Small Commercial Building

Post by Lal-O » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:46 am

Pibuz wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:23 pm
Not bad! I feel the lighting is a little too uniform, maybe try with an HDR?
Also, followme billboards often lead to unexpected results (featuring "floating couple of friends in the sun" ahah).

For the continuous window walls I always suggest to apply a very big procedural noise shader in the bump channel so to get uneven reflections.

I like very much how the light bounces in the central part of the building (...a patio?)
Hi Pibuz :D

Well ...here is a brief explanation for every point you have :wink:

1)I really love to use HDRI'S for lighting all my scenes , but this time i wanted to use the indigo's sun/sky :D .
Is like a challenge to me to get nice results by using that system.

I just don't know why ,but for me is really complicated get realistic/natural results when i'm only using indigo's sun and sky :cry:

2)I hate to use bilboards or 3d people in my rendering projects, they are always unrealistic and hard to match in the projects but client wanted to put them in the image :( ....By the way , the couple of friends are not floating ... i catch going down the step... :lol:

3) I was just wondering how to get uneven reflections but, i did not have enough time to make a search about it (but it seems is easier to do it than i thought). :roll:

4) Thx , that was an effect i wanted to achieve...to get a well lit patio :wink:

User avatar
Lal-O
2nd Place Winner
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:09 am
Location: México
3D Software: SketchUp
Contact:

Re: Small Commercial Building

Post by Lal-O » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:52 am

Polinalkrimizei wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:13 am
Very nice! The perspective really highlights the special architecture. Cool render, I also like the use of plants, which is just subtle enough to not be too pronounced.
As you also asked for critic: You could pay more attention to the transition between materials. Usually, there are small gaps, sometimes filled with acryl, cement, wood, sometimes hidden with some decors.
These are just very subtle details but can really make a difference.
Cheers!
Hi Polinalkrimizei

I'll keep in mind all you've suggested for my next projects :wink:

Thx :D

User avatar
Lal-O
2nd Place Winner
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:09 am
Location: México
3D Software: SketchUp
Contact:

Re: Small Commercial Building

Post by Lal-O » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:01 am

Juju wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:27 pm
Is it just me or is the wood beams texturing looking funky? Wood grain size & direction bothers me.
:lol:

The "wood beams " are not made of ...wood :o ...They are just steel beams painted like...that ...I didn't understand either what the client wanted to achieve with that effect :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post Reply
7 posts • Page 1 of 1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 1 guest