[BUG] Material editor

Feature requests, bug reports and related discussion
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
dakiru
Indigo 100

[BUG] Material editor

Post by dakiru » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:10 pm

Hi, guys,

I've noted a strange behavior of Specular and Glossy-transparent materials in Material Editor.
Step-by-step reconstruction:
1. create one of the mentioned materials (if specular - check "transparent")
2. go to the medium settings
3. turn on Sub-surface Scattering
4. choose the color and change it's distance
5. render
6. stop rendering and go back the material setting
7. do not change anything and go back to medium settings

Now, the distance changed back to 0.01 and the color that was chosen before is recalculated now. Click render to see the difference. Actually, the only thing you have to do is to go from the medium setting to material settings and back. This affects RGB Absorption Coefficient Spectrum too, not only SSS color settings. Or it's that I don't understand something?

edit: Indigo Material Editor v2.4.5

Kristof

Re: [BUG] Material editor

Post by Kristof » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:28 pm

I am encountering a similar problem in the mat editor. I created an sss material and I am trying to adjust the distance, but it is not saved, when I save the material and always returns to 0.100 with Indigo Version: Indigo Renderer v2.2.12, Windows 64-bit Release build.

Maybe someone knows a workaround maybe I could manually edit the IGM file and insert the desired value if I knew what to add and where?

dag

Post by dag » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:08 am

3 more bugs.

Choose a color from the color picker for a material. Open the color picker again and click OK. One of the RGB values are lowered by 1. Doesn't happen with all colors.

Click cancel in the color picker and the color changes to black.

Add a material with a medium. Changing the materials name changes the medium name. Add a new material. Now changing this materials name changes the medium name, and the original material doesn't. Changing the medium name by double clicking it doesn't seem to have any effect, only changing the second materials name does.

dcm

Post by dcm » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:12 pm

under Win7 64, go with mouse over image during render and use scroll, material editor gets crashed. Its happening not at all w7 versions

4 posts • Page 1 of 1