Indigo Logo being stubborn

Come here for help & support.
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
rendigo
Indigo 100

Indigo Logo being stubborn

Post by rendigo » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:15 pm

Hi,

I have been happily using Indigo 2.2.12 for quite some time now. I am running it on 3 Machines (lifetime license with 2 node licenses). Since my main workstation at work has only 2GB RAM I sometimes have to fire up the GUI on my Linux render slave (4GB RAM) and use the workstation as a slave. It seems that in this scenario - no matter what options I set in the GUI or igs file - I get the Indigo logo in the bottem right corner of every rendering. Is this intentional? I think for a paying customer this is quite a restriction. Any ideas on how I can solve this problem (other than adding RAM to my workstation)?
TIA for any input!

Godzilla
Indigo 100

Re: Indigo Logo being stubborn

Post by Godzilla » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:39 am

Have you checked in your exporter to see if the logo is enabled?
samlavoie.xyz

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:02 am

You register your main Machine with the Master License! Only this machine can start renderings that don't have any (demo) restrictions like watermark & limited resolution!
polygonmanufaktur.de

rendigo
Indigo 100

Post by rendigo » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:58 am

Godzilla wrote:Have you checked in your exporter to see if the logo is enabled?
Yup, it's not. It's like Zom-B said, only the machine with the master license can start renderings that lack the logo, however there sems to be no restriction on size.
I find that rather strange having to buy more main licenses to start renderings without any watermarks.

Godzilla
Indigo 100

Post by Godzilla » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:02 pm

rendigo wrote:
Yup, it's not. It's like Zom-B said, only the machine with the master license can start renderings that lack the logo, however there sems to be no restriction on size.
I find that rather strange having to buy more main licenses to start renderings without any watermarks.

Perhaps you should put more than 2GB in your main workstation?
samlavoie.xyz

rendigo
Indigo 100

Post by rendigo » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:53 pm

Godzilla wrote:
rendigo wrote:

Perhaps you should put more than 2GB in your main workstation?
I wrote in my initial post other than adding RAM - this is my workstation @work and I don't want to drive 250 kilometers right now just to add RAM :wink: Renderigns have to be finished on monday and each one takes around 30 hours to get to an acceptable quality (lots and lots of glass, mirrors and other fancy highly reflective materials and a rather complex scene (airport terminal gate area).
Anyway, it's not that I don't know solutions for the problem, I wonder if this restriction to 1 main machine is necessary. A more flexible solution would be really nice.

Soup

Post by Soup » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:41 pm

You should have a full licence and 2 node licences. You can only have the full licence on one computer at a time. To access the power of your linux box, make sure it is using a node licence and then use network rendering

7 posts • Page 1 of 1